What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Lukeesix

Roller Poster
I mean trackwork was finished back in April and if Zadra proved anything they can get these things up extremely quick under normal circumstances. Plus, it wouldn't have been the first Energylandia coaster to open with incomplete theming even if it did.

I‘m not sure, but I do think that they want to open it with all the theming , or atleast the water filled in. Here the theming really makes a difference. Also this is the First coaster of Energylandia that really has theming during the ride.

Christian

Hyper Poster
They really got a long way to go. Hopefully they will be finished by park opening but the minetrain will be a late 2021 addition, it's impossible that they will finish that in the spring even if it is EL we are talking about. Another interesting thing with the minetrain is that it will probably be incredibly themed. Considering they dug out a big plot and seem to cast concrete in it instead of placing the footers in the dirt. That will probably blow Abyssus out of the water!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
You know how some things ‘grow on you?’

What’s the opposite of that phenomenon?

The more I see those trains, the more I dislike the design. I get that they’re boats, but they look more like speed boats than any boat that would naturally fit the theme.

Edited to add: Must say, I do love how the trims on the wheel assembly match the track though.

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
Why do EL always have to overdo their theming so it feels fake? That's the difference between EL theming and PHL theming. PHL will stick to a colour pallet and make things realistic while EL will add all sorts of colours and textures and make it look cheap.
The colours will fade eventually, and afterwards it will look way more consistent. Klugheim was also quite bright and colourful on opening day, but the sun has done wonders to the area. Tbh, I think the Fades Klugheim looks better than opening day.
The themes EL goes for are fine, it fits everything, it’s only a few colours which look a little bit vibrant.

Peet

Giga Poster
The more I see those trains, the more I dislike the design. I get that they’re boats, but they look more like speed boats than any boat that would naturally fit the theme.
It's supposed to be a modern speedboat exploring the lost city I think, but I agree I don't like overly detailed trains in general, they look tacky and plastic IMO, I like the general theming around the area though.

Edited to add: Must say, I do love how the trims on the wheel assembly match the track though.
Oh yeah, that's niice!

JKM

Mega Poster
By Shadow20 (SSC):

GtYCIFl.png

0oUPaxn.png

4zI693N.png

mrhnT0C.png

CYRulCn.png

Ries

Mega Poster
That cornfield in the middle (last picture). That's weird.
Also, are those huge gas (or oil) pipes running through the park. (Underneath the mine train).

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That cornfield in the middle (last picture). That's weird.
Also, are those huge gas (or oil) pipes running through the park. (Underneath the mine train).
Those pipes were built by Energylandia whilst doing ground work for abyssus... They run directly between the new area and the main park, so I assumed at the time they were service pipes for the new area (and beyond) water, sweage, power etc.