What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ah, yes. I love when discussions fragment into multiple topics. Let's continue the discussion of the Vekoma Firestorm in the thread for the Vekoma Firestorm:

forums.coasterforce.com/threads/vietnam-vinpearl-thu-thiem-theme-park.40984/page-4

Christian

Hyper Poster
I have never seen park announcements changing as much as they do at enrgylandia. They never seem to follow the plan but as long as they keep adding even more coaster than they annouced I am not complaining. Let's just hope they keep the boat ride as it would be a great addition to the park.

Last edited:

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I have never seen park announcements changing as much as they do at enrgylandia. They never seem to follow the plan but as long as they keep adding even more coaster than they annouced I am not complaining. Let's just hope they keep the boat ride as it would be a great addition to the park.

That’s why I asked. I would be very upset if they compromised a scenic themed boat ride for a random cheap instalment.

I think it’s great they are adding so much but I’m definitely an advocate for quality over quantity and they seem to the do the opposite to my opinion! :p

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
That’s why I asked. I would be very upset if they compromised a scenic themed boat ride for a random cheap instalment.

I think it’s great they are adding so much but I’m definitely an advocate for quality over quantity and they seem to the do the opposite to my opinion! :p

Their latest additions have been absolutely top notch quality, Zadra and it’s zone are outstanding, beautifully themed, and nicer areas to be in than most parts of the top UK parks :) I expect this will be even better, once all the water goes in :)

Christian

Hyper Poster
I totally agree! Energylandia are truly improving their theming. From SPF Visas and cheap flat rides to amazing lands. Even "badly themed" coasters such as Hyperion have in my opinion more theming than most coasters in the US. Just compare Hyperion and Zadra and soon Abyssus to anything at SFMM.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I totally agree! Energylandia are truly improving their theming. From SPF Visas and cheap flat rides to amazing lands. Even "badly themed" coasters such as Hyperion have in my opinion more theming than most coasters in the US. Just compare Hyperion and Zadra and soon Abyssus to anything at SFMM.
I love Hyperion's theming... It’s fair to say that it doesn’t fit it’s surrounding, but once in the building, it’s good imo. Wish they’d open some of the lower doors on quiet days though ??

Benenen

Hyper Poster
As much as their theming and quality improves with each addition they're far from being out of the woods. Take for example the Draken coaster which opened last year next to Zadra. It's completely bare and very similar to other kiddie coasters in the park.
99454a5def8f1dc08ab576be6f877242.jpg

Christian

Hyper Poster
I love Hyperion's theming... It’s fair to say that it doesn’t fit it’s surrounding, but once in the building, it’s good imo. Wish they’d open some of the lower doors on quiet days though ??

Let's hope our dreams come true. Or atleast that they dont do the same thing with Abyssus. Does anyone know how the queue for Abyssus will be?

Lorri

Roller Poster
Let's hope our dreams come true. Or atleast that they dont do the same thing with Abyssus. Does anyone know how the queue for Abyssus will be?
From what we've seen in the videos it will be flat, no stairs. So basically zig-zag pattern or something like that

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
As much as their theming and quality improves with each addition they're far from being out of the woods. Take for example the Draken coaster which opened last year next to Zadra. It's completely bare and very similar to other kiddie coasters in the park.
99454a5def8f1dc08ab576be6f877242.jpg
That’s a fair point, however they aren’t the first, I wouldn’t say there is much difference between this and say Octonauts or flying fish... Seems many parks who do a ‘reasonable’ job of theming often neglect their kiddie coasters.

Having said that... Octonauts does have Bubbles!!!

Christian

Hyper Poster
That looks so good but i'm starting to doubt a summer 2020 opening. They still got a long way to go if they want to finish the entire area. Dragon Zone was further along by this point. The earliest I see is an August opening (like Zadra). What do you guys think?

Trax

Hyper Poster
I think the whole Covid situation had most likely also an impact on the construction of Aqualantis. Also it appears that work kept going on, this does not mean that all of the work took place. I think Energylandia will have slowed down the works to some extent to reduce the outgoing cashflow.
I don't expect Energylandia to delay the opening until 2021 like Phantasialand appears to be doing with Rookburgh, but end of summer appears likely to me.