What's new

Dumb park restrictions

Pear

Strata Poster
El Toro ops making you pat yourself down before you enter the line to make sure you have absolutely nothing in your pockets. Even if you have zipper/button pockets they will not let you have anything in them and you have to buy a locker.

I don't know if this policy has changed for 2018 but I hope it has.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Again with the Cedar Point weather restrictions...
Why the frick are they running Wicked Twister in 25 MPH winds, when Raptor, Gatekeeper, and Valravn are all closed due to the winds?
Yet, when it's only 15 mph winds, when the sky ride closes, Wicked Twister closes! It makes no sense.
Also for some reason Michigan's Adventure can/might/will kick you out of the park if you return with your seatbelt undone on Shivering Timbers and Wolverine Wildcat. I forget about the rest but those are the only ones I can remember.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
El Toro ops making you pat yourself down before you enter the line to make sure you have absolutely nothing in your pockets. Even if you have zipper/button pockets they will not let you have anything in them and you have to buy a locker.

I don't know if this policy has changed for 2018 but I hope it has.
This is the same for Kingda Ka. I put everything in zippered pockets so that I DON’T have to deal with lockers and cubbyholes and whatnot, and yet they FORCE me to spend stupid money every time I want to ride these coasters. Why not just put up a sign that says, “These coasters have additional admission costs”?

And then the lockers are for a very short time period, and the long-term lockers are ridiculously expensive. It’s such an absurd racket. I know that these coasters are very intense, making projectiles a real issue, but it feels as if they’re just using this excuse to fleece the public.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Also for some reason Michigan's Adventure will kick you out of the park if you return with your seatbelt undone on Shivering Timbers and Wolverine Wildcat. I forget about the rest but those are the only ones I can remember.
What, you mean if you undo the belt on the brake run before re-entering the station? I always feel that I’m doing the ops a favor unbuckling there to speed up the rider egress in the station. In fact, there are coasters where the ops shout to the riders on the brake run to undo their seatbelts.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^I think there's a sign that's before every the lift hills that say "If you come back to the station with your seatbelt undone you might/could/will get ejected from the park". It's weird.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Why the frick are they running Wicked Twister in 25 MPH winds, when Raptor, Gatekeeper, and Valravn are all closed due to the winds?
Yet, when it's only 15 mph winds, when the sky ride closes, Wicked Twister closes! It makes no sense.
In those situations, it's not necessarily the speed of the wind, but rather the direction. If the wind is blowing in a way that could prevent the train from completing the layout(i.e. blowing against the direction of the brake run), they have to close the ride.

I can't really speak too much for MiA, but I think that's more of a precaution to prevent anyone from undoing their seatbelt midride and potentially flying out. Again, not completely sure, but I doubt it's enforced all the time. Ride ops can't usually see seatbelts undone(unless they're visibly separated).