What's new

Drayton Manor tease "major news"

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah it does make sense to expand it. But have they forgotten about the rest of the park? Excalibur is still sitting there, all closed. And Pirates/The Haunting are in a real bad state.

Air race has been the only thrill ride in what, 10 years?

At least Paultons are still investing in the main park.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Business wise, I agree, it is good. But, it's not good for people who would like a coaster - or not as good anyway. :wink:

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Drayton Manor tease "major news"

Martyn B said:
Yeah it does make sense to expand it. But have they forgotten about the rest of the park? Excalibur is still sitting there, all closed. And Pirates/The Haunting are in a real bad state.

Are you completely stupid or just act it for attention? I'm sorry but you constantly seem to post before doing any research.
Excalibur has become a large feature for the Christmas event the park holds and has had a lot of work done to it.
Then for the rest of the park, the zoo has been upgraded and looked after, Ben 10 was added, Gforce and Shockwave were repainted, Air race was added, plus many more improvements around the park.

Dar

Hyper Poster
The zoo is more depressing than Flamingo Land, which is some achievement in and of itself.

When I visited for the first time last year, I was struck by just how dirty and rundown the place looked. Apocalypse was particularly grimy when I was there.

10 years between major coasters at a park that gets as many visitors as Drayton is unacceptable.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
owenrita121 said:
Martyn B said:

Are you completely stupid or just act it for attention? I'm sorry but you constantly seem to post before doing any research.
Excalibur has become a large feature for the Christmas event the park holds and has had a lot of work done to it.
Then for the rest of the park, the zoo has been upgraded and looked after, Ben 10 was added, Gforce and Shockwave were repainted, Air race was added, plus many more improvements around the park.

Not being funny, but that was a bit rude, considering the points about Air Race and rides being a bad state are true. And I do also agree with Dar, about the fact that a major coaster hasn't been added in 10 years and the last flat ride being only last year and the one before that being 2004, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Drayton Manor tease

owenrita121 said:
Martyn B said:

I guess you're the stupid one, as I said Air Race has been the only THRILL RIDE in the last 10 years. Zoo improvements and repainting coasters aren't classed as new thrill rides.

And you have a weird understanding of 'attention seeking'...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Drayton Manor tease "major news"

Martyn B said:
owenrita121 said:
Martyn B said:

I guess you're the stupid one, as I said Air Race has been the only THRILL RIDE in the last 10 years. Zoo improvements and repainting coasters aren't classed as new thrill rides.

And you have a weird understanding of 'attention seeking'...
You was speaking about the main park, you said they don't focus on the MAIN park, when they quite clearly do. Air Race may be the only thrill ride in the past 10 years but certainly doesn't mean they haven't focused on the rest of the park outside Thomas Land.

You seem to post before even doing any simple research, you may not like the park because they don't add enough thrill rides for you, but you can not say they haven't bothered with the rest of park when they clearly have.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Who says I don't like the park? I do actually, I like it a lot. And who says all I care about is thrill rides? You seem to just be pulling all this from thin air.

And this 'simple research', what is that exactly? I know about the minor zoo improvements, the dinosaur thing, Ben 10, repainting the coasters etc. Yet my OPINION still stands that they're not bothering with the main park. Since Thomas Land the standard of the main park as dropped. And that's my opinion ok, time for you to get off your high horse.

Jake

Strata Poster
To be fair, as much as like Draytes, the more established rides (more so the queue areas) are looking pretty grubby (I haven't been since the year Ben 10 opened though).

The main culprits are Storm Force, the Rapids, Shockwave, The Haunting and Apocalypse. Granted, some of them have been disgusting for many years already.

Excalibur is a complete joke. Always has been. I don't care if they use it for a few weeks a year when the actual park is shut, it sits there looking bare grubby the rest of the year.

I thought somebody said Pirate Adventure was being spited?

The zoo has always been foul as well.

Hopefully some of the cash they're raking in from Thomas Land eventually filters though to the main park.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
How about an update for the 4D attraction from Spongebob to Yogi? :?
VISITORS to Drayton Manor Theme Park can look forward to a beary exciting adventure with the launch of a brand new 4D animated film experience, Yogi Bear, at its 4D Cinema for the 2015 season and 65th anniversary year.
Yogi and his friends are geared up for fun and laughter at the award-winning attraction and guests will be at the heart of the action. Everyone’s favourite bear will bring his meal-mooching, mischievous ways to life, in the form of a funny and exciting 4D adventure.
With a little help from his closest companion Boo Boo, Yogi is determined to show that he is smarter than the average bear by getting up to his old tricks in this animated film packed full of special effects.
Viewers are invited to step into Yogi’s world as they enter the fantastically themed attraction and are advised to keep an eye out for the picnic basket pinching bear as he hides behind the trees within! They should also prepare for a few surprises as motion-simulator seats ensure they accompany Yogi every step of the way as he embarks on his 12-minute escapade.
Colin Bryan, CEO of Drayton Manor Theme Park, said: “The arrival of Yogi Bear at our popular 4D Cinema is going to be a real treat for everyone who comes and visits the park.
“Starring Yogi and his faithful pal, Boo Boo, this live-action, CG-animated film has a host of special effects that will ensure guests are right in the middle of the fun.
“Our cinema provides great entertainment for visitors of all ages, and we wanted to show something extra special during our 65th anniversary year.”
With guaranteed laughs for all the family, the humorous film will be shown at Drayton Manor Theme Park’s 4D Cinema throughout its 2015 season, which runs until Sunday, November 1.
The park’s annual fireworks weekend will take place on the October 31 and November 1 and it will open its gates for the established Magical Christmas experience from Saturday, November 21, on selected dates until December 31. Please note: the park will be closed to the general public on Sunday, September 13.
Source: http://www.loughboroughecho.net/lifestyle/travel/new-yogi-bear-4d-movie-8904109