What's new

Double Dare You! Final NL2 comp of the year!

jay37415

Mega Poster
*facepalm*

That moment you realize the game didn't save your changes until after you send it in. :shock: :brickwall:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If you want to update it correctl, please do. I'm perfectly ok waiting to do my rankings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
As I was beginning my rankings, I realized it's probably best to rank each ride individually. So here is how the ranking will work

Side 1/Coaster 1
Realism
Creativity
Smoothness
Overall

Side 2/ Coaster 2
Realism
Creativity
Smoothness
Overall

Total Coasters
Effective duel/race
Overall

So there will be a total of 50 points per voter available. A little complicated but this is the most fair in my opinion.

New file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mb221 ... x/Duel.zip

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll have my votes in to you shortly Tom.

I'm interested to know if the most recent update included changes to the physics (train weights or friction or something), because I just re-rode my coaster and the trains aren't anything like as synchronised as they were when I made and tested the track... :?

jay37415

Mega Poster
Ill get my votes in today as well. I have been working a bunch of hours this week and haven't had time. I'm kinda glad there's only 4.

that sucks about the physics thing. I'm always afraid to do an update in he middle of a comp for that reason.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
vems3.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Have them finalized, just didn't get them saved with images and what not before having to go to work today. Have it up tonight.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The final competition is done, and it was...interesting.

There was a lot of feedback for this comp, and I feel it was too ambitious now after seeing the results/number of entries.The time was too long (in part to me being out of the country for so long) and we really lacked a good number of coasters. But, we had four entries so let's see how they stacked!

4. Hixee- Lakeside Twister 24.33 points

Shocked that a Hixee coaster got last place, but it felt off. The banking was quite odd in places, there were pumps and some odd transitions. Fun coaster, but not the best.

3. Jay Lumberjack Fued 27.5 points

Why was the right side lift banked? This ride was very mellow, which hurt your ranking, it didn't "do much" really but it was your best build by far of all the comps. Smooth, just lacked any defining moment, I did like the fly by.

2. Tomahawk Normandy 34.83 points

There will be a version 2 of this, I got too ambitious with the scenery work at the cost of the coaster. The ending died, transitions were a bit too tight in some places, but expect a full experience with V2. The name will be much more fitting at that time.

1. Antinossi Fission and Fusion 37.67 points

Truly the best coaster of the comp by a landslide, despite the points in my opinion. It captured a true GCI feel and was fantastic. A few lateral spikes in some of the ground hugging elements, but it was great.

Score sheet

So that wraps the year up! We will pick the comps back up in 2016, not sure the exact time frame yet, but plan on some new challenges. Great job everyone!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ahh poo... :lol:

I knew this ride wasn't my best, and the other tracks were definitely better (especially Marc - really nice track). Great work everyone! And thanks Tom for sorting out another round. :p

Shame there wasn't more involvement in this round, people did seem to be keen initially. Oh well, hopefully we have a group who are interested in keeping this up next year!

I'll update the final score sheet and post it at some point with some analysis (not that anyone really cares, I'm sure). :D

jay37415

Mega Poster
That's twice now that I have had the track randomly bank when I converted it to a package. I wanted to build two tracks for this comp, one with an out-and-back feel to it (like I submitted) and one more twisty. Worked a lot of overtime and couldn't pull of the other.

Here's to next year!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
On the roll nodes did you hit strict? That could be why.