What's new

Dorney Park to add a modern Wooden Coaster in 2019?

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Let me rephrase that: they’re not adding a coaster period in 2019.

We would have seen a significant amount of groundwork by now along with a teaser campaign that would have started at the beginning of summer. If you’re hoping for anything more than a top scan or some other mid-range flat ride, you’re going to be disappointed.

Ugh, enthusiasts.

Matt N

CF Legend
Let me rephrase that: they’re not adding a coaster period in 2019.

We would have seen a significant amount of groundwork by now along with a teaser campaign that would have started at the beginning of summer. If you’re hoping for anything more than a top scan or some other mid-range flat ride, you’re going to be disappointed.

Ugh, enthusiasts.
Sorry about that. I just thought it looked interesting. Maybe in 2020?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Sorry about that.

BANNED for apologising too much.

Sorry about that. ;)

Never been to Dorney, is it any good? I was in the 'hood once, but I was jet lagged and couldn't be arsed. Had a lie in and went straight to Kings Dominion instead. Thinking about trying again soon, a decent new cred would certainly sweeten the deal. Bout time Hershey Park got a new cred too I reckon. When was Laff Trak, 2015? Be nice if they both opened new coasters in the same year.

Jstanich

Roller Poster

Sorry about that. ;)

Never been to Dorney, is it any good? I was in the 'hood once, but I was jet lagged and couldn't be arsed. Had a lie in and went straight to Kings Dominion instead. Thinking about trying again soon, a decent new cred would certainly sweeten the deal. Bout time Hershey Park got a new cred too I reckon. When was Laff Trak, 2015? Be nice if they both opened new coasters in the same year.
I was at Dorney a couple weeks ago. First time there. I went with low expectations since I’ve heard a lot of negative about it, but I kinda liked it. Not the best but not the worst either. I liked Talon and Hydra. Steel Force was good too. Was only there about 4-5 hours. We grabbed a few laps on all the coasters, walked around and checked the place out then left. I personally wouldn’t make a special trip to go there but would definitely go back if I was “in the hood” as you said.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Sorry about that. ;)

Really a fun little park, talon isn't the best invert but its still quite good, steel force is an excellent ride and thunderhawk is quite good as well for its age
If you like floorless Hydra is decent (don't particularly like them myself) and I have a soft spot for impulses and I liked possessed more than wicked twister at Cedar Point.
Demon drop is a classic ride and probably the best of some decent flat rides there and the water park is quite good