What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

Hmmm, I suppose this might be very unique to me. You see, I'm really not in to positive g's, so loops have never been terribly enjoyable for me. The only time they're particularly fun is when they're slow and large.

Since this one, like you said, is likely to be quite slow that's one postive.

The other huge positive is that this is, well, a wingrider of course, and I'm picturing the view going around the loop to be spectacular because the seating is just so open.

Just to give you some perspective, I'm probably the only person on these forums that doesn't like the batwing on Montu... :lol:

EDIT: ^Although we don't have much precedent, it's pretty safe to assume it will travel through the loop slowly.

True, B&M's dont usually whip through loops on the huge ones (at least talon and raptor do). The fact that it is a wingrider will make it immediately awesome going through the loop and Im going to love the way the trains go through the loops. It'll just feel different, thats all.

^ I do like it when the trains go through kinda slowly, thats awesome. However I do also love it when they whip through and provide tons of high g's. It like it both ways, but I think this will suit the ride better.

Holy crap, this thing is going up fast.
And the loop=<3

It's quite easy to tell it will be slow based off the height difference between the lift and the loop, still looks awesome, but you won't get epic forces on the loop like you do on B:TR, probably more like Silver Bullet forcelessness on the loop.

^ Ive always found that both ways if just as good.
I dont think of it as 'forceless' as much as 'fun and graceful'. With the winged seats, Id say a slower approach around the loop would be better anyways. It will feel more like youre soaring.
Either way its gonna be great.

D1993 said:
310764_10150359732217240_239284692239_8040595_2098133954_n.jpg

That is sheer beauty...

I'm going to say the loop, based off of height and drop, is going to feel like Dominators more or less. From what I remember, it was an even force loop throughout the loop. I havent ridden it in 4 years, so my memory is scuzzy on it :(

Switching between the hideouts'...

Meh.. that still looks terrible on that barren hill tbh.

^ But imagine the view when you get up there. Riders will be able to see parts of these mountains. You're not gonna notice the tree-less ground directly below you.

With a floorless seating? You just might. And the view is no different then what I saw from Wildfire at SDC.. and it really wasn't too spectacular.

OMG, that middle picture... <3 <3 <3

I've got a feeling the front row view on this thing is going to be pretty exceptional! :p

Give this a few years, and when all the trees grow back <3 Granted this is beautiful already.

It's definitely picturesque. It looks very nice so far!

Very picturesque indeed, but bloody hell that steam train puts out a lot of smoke!

Word coming from the park is that the track will be finished by next friday.

Also, the far off pics show that the ride will be seen from afar, before entering the park :D

^I won't be surprised. They're flying(bad pun) with constructing this, plus most of the supports are up.

Re:

Intricks said:
Word coming from the park is that the track will be finished by next friday.

Also, the far off pics show that the ride will be seen from afar, before entering the park :D

I wouldn't be surprised if they open the ride by Christmas. Seriously, it has gone up SO fast it looks like they want to open before the end of the year! Surely SFGAm should starting working around the clock to get theirs done as soon as possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.