What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Wild Eagle" - B&M Wingrider for Dollywood 2012

^So, you're saying that eagle's head is actual size...?

What does that have to do with anything? I don't remember people complaing Wild Mouse cars are so much bigger than actual mice...

^ If I interpret his post as I think he means, then an eagle is a pretty compact thing compared to a long dragon. So a dragon works better as a whole train, where as an eagle would work better on a shorter scale (like a wild mouse/free-fly).
And since this is a ride that is heavily influenced on the wings of the eagle then it would look really strange with one head followed by 7 pairs of wings before the tail. Where as a dragon don't have that problem, heck 7 pairs of wings on a dragon would work a lot better...

Am I the only one that wouldn't see a problem with that?

It'd look better than it being the Eagle answer to the Human Centipede.

What loefet said is how I meant that to come across.

^ Ha ha haaa.....ewwwwww. The imagery is atrocious in my mind, but it will forever scar my friends once I mention it to them :p. Tbh, I like the thought of the eagle version of the human centipede better than the single head followed by 7 pairs of wings. Besides, isnt that how Raptor was done? Each car is a seperate bird-thing?

Switching between the hideouts'...

^ No Raptor have the head on the first car and then body parts on the following ones, much like a centipede :)

^ Ah, thanks for the clarification :)

Switching between the hideouts'...

This ride seems to be the best of the wing coaster bunch next year. I would go next year put I have alot of other parks to take of my list first. : )

Rosso said:
This ride seems to be the best of the wing coaster bunch next year. I would go next year put I have alot of other parks to take of my list first. : )
In my opinion, The Swarm is the best Wingwalker for 2012. Yes, Dollywood's is around 7ft higher but I think the layout of Thorpe Park's is better. Wild Eagle doesn't have much, or any theming other than on the trains.

Ethan said:
Rosso said:
In my opinion, The Swarm is the best Wingwalker for 2012. Yes, Dollywood's is around 7ft higher but I think the layout of Thorpe Park's is better. Wild Eagle doesn't have much, or any theming other than on the trains.

Well the drop is 7 feet taller than the Swarms. Remember it climbs like 210 feet and is going to feel way more incredible in the mountains and through the trees than most people are thinking. Honestly, I dont think Im even quite being able to imagine what its going to be like actually riding the coaster and the actual experience, but I really think it will surprise alot of people.

I find with theming, the only place I actually appreciate it is in the queues, everything else is just a build up towards my excitement, and im always excited on a roller coaster, no matter what height or speed. I would actually say X-Flight looks to have the better layout compared to Swarm. We will have to wait until 2012.

Anyways, back to Wild Eagle.
Basically, I think its a bit of a hidden treasure and opening day is going to be one glorious day.

Don't you appreciate headchoppers and near misses ect?
And I think the X-Flight layout is more tacky and 'cheap' looking.

Do you get a loop with Swarm? No

Do you get an Immelman? No

An awesomely huge wingover? No

Yeah.......this will be a top notch wingrider, and most likely the most well rated one. As far as theming, we don't really have any plans or information about the station/queue, so it's hard to say much about it. I can almost guarantee you that it will be beautiful.

Dollywood <3

I love the trains and think this ride will be fantastic. I think if there are lights in the eyes of each of the eagles eyes it would make it that much better, and it would look really cool coming in from the break run just seeing 14 small lights in darkness.

And to go on the "which will be best" which one will have the lowest expectations. Swarm is already set to be a major disappointment by peoples over obsession, this one will probably be able to succeed simply because of the park it is at, and then X-Flight will probably be "the hidden gem" just because it seems it is getting the least amount of publicity, at least around here. I hope all 3 are good, but this one should be the best.

michaellll said:
Do you get a loop with Swarm? No

Do you get an Immelman? No

An awesomely huge wingover? No

Yeah.......this will be a top notch wingrider, and most likely the most well rated one. As far as theming, we don't really have any plans or information about the station/queue, so it's hard to say much about it. I can almost guarantee you that it will be beautiful.

Dollywood <3
Loops have been done before. So have immelmans, oh... and Wingovers!
Does Wild Eagle have a dive loop from the lift? No. Does Wild eagle have an in-line twist? No. Does Wild Eagle have an incline loop? No. You argument can be switched the other way, and is therefore...pointless.

I think the point he was making is that some of Wild Eagles elements are new to the wingrider style, where as things like the dive loop & near misses seem to be a common feature on the other rides.

Also the wingrider sensation is pretty different to that of a standard sit-down I feel so the elements will pan-out different, espeically on the different sides of the train. Raptor felt like an inverted coaster with no track above you. Silly I know but it's an odd sensation!

^ But dives loops are also new to Wing riders...

You're right. That's a valid point. I just thought it was common thought that a loop, immelman, and wingover would be better elements. That's what I was thinking at least.

Wild Eagle's got balls.

I view the elements WE has to be much more enjoyable and intense, but that's just me.

Honestly I feel like the first drop to Swarm and X-flight will be a negative for me. I think I'd just prefer the normal drop like on Raptor. Instead of getting "hangtime" you'll get good old fashioned airtime.

Wild Eagle will be better than Swarm, because Dollywood will make it so awesome. If you compare say Mystery Mine to Saw then it's similar comparison.

MM was good but still wasn't spectacular. Of course, that is mostly because EF's suck.. but yeah.

DWood does know how to make themselves a ride tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.