What's new

Dollywood | Firechaser Express | Gerstlauer Dual Launch

Re: Rumoured Dollywood New 2014 Coaster

Does shortly mean hours or days to wait? Or is the park just being vague?

Stats:

Zero to 16MPH in 1.1 seconds.
Zero to 20MPH in 2 seconds.

Length: 2,427 feet
Top Speed: 34.5 MPH
Height: 79 Feet
Manufacturer: Gerstlauer

Two helices.
Six Zero Gravity Moments.
Trick Track Section.

Sounds like a solid family coaster, and pretty long as well.

Just seen the teaser vid. Looks like there may be effects with the ride. I have great trust that dollywood will make an amazing job of this ride. Gurst have served them well with mystery mine. One to watch I think. Hopefully will be there next year as friends have just moved to knoxville

So I think this begs the question... is something happening to Blazing Fury? You can't deny that having two firefighting themed coasters on different sides of the park is a little.. odd. Is Firechaser a replacement for a soon to be gone Blazing Fury? If so, what's going in BFury's spot?

The graphics look like what was floated around for Silver Dollar City in that questionaire.

EDIT

This thing (according to stats in this thread) is 400 feet shorter and 6 mph slower than Manta California. I loved Manta California, I hope the expereince can make up for the tameness of this ride.

So yeah, nothing "amazing" on paper, but knowing Dollywood, it'll look fantastic and will be a good overall experience. I have confidence in this. Why? Look at the great job they did polishing that turdy Eurofighter, Mystery Mine.

We had the big coaster last year, family one this year and a solid 10 year plan in full swing.

Notgonnalie, I have soft and hard spots for Dollywood.

Wow.. Talk about overhyping a ride that didn't stack up.

That rack did stack up though!