What's new

Doha Oasis Quest | EpiQ Coaster | Premier Rides LSM Coaster | 2021

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Nice to see some news after almost two years!

The "???" stays in the thread title for now, though.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Nice to see some news after almost two years!

The "???" stays in the thread title for now, though.
The mall and park have been completed for some time, they've been getting a lot of advertising done online in recent weeks, everything is tip-top and ready to go. They're expecting to be open during Q2, which without delays would mean the end of this month. I think that it's reasonable to assume a 2021 opening year unless something happens.

Niles

Giga Poster
Some more great new pictures, with all the lights around it the spike on the coaster looks stunning.
DSC_6644-HDR-scaled.jpg

DSC_6568-scaled.jpg

DSC_6425-HDR-scaled.jpg

DSC_6415-HDR-scaled.jpg

Source: https://www.themeparx.com/doha-oasis-quest/

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Yup, definitely a drop tower by Bear Rides and Bartholet. What an interesting choice after so many years without one getting built.

Good to see them still being made - as quirky as they are - always though one would would work well in an indoor setting with dark ride element - as an alternative to the ABC drop rides often used!

emoo

Hyper Poster
Is that why I suddenly and desperately want to go there?

The crazy lighting package is fantastic either way.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I've done Deep Space and it's legit the best thing Premier has ever built (Ok I guess RoTM but that's due to the theming)
Perfect little mixed layout.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Here is the POV, this thing looks absolutely nuts :D

Noticed that the superbly odd pre-launch section isn’t featured in either of the two POVs that I’ve seen. It’s pretty much just a series of meaningless, meandering flat S-turns from station platform to launch. I wonder if there was originally meant to be a dark ride section here back when it was planned under the name Dragonfire.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Its because its a near clone (aside from the addition of the swing launch) and the original in India has a short dark ride section through "mission control centre" type scenes.

A bit like all the blue fire clones have the flat turns at the start where the dark ride section would be.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently, this thing is opened now, so ... destick, I guess.

Seven and a half years as a stickied construction thread. I think that's a bit of a record?

Last edited: