What's new

Does anyone know what is going on with Xcelerator?

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
It's the same kind of problems, that there are with many other rides. Not only new rides but also older rides that need maintenance.
Because some parts can't be made and delivered in a couple of weeks/months time, the (re)opening of the ride can be postponed a lot of time.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
It's the same kind of problems, that there are with many other rides. Not only new rides but also older rides that need maintenance.
Because some parts can't be made and delivered in a couple of weeks/months time, the (re)opening of the ride can be postponed a lot of time.
that also makes sense,another thing we need to consider is that the accelerator coaster is all but being produced anymore. all accelerator coasters have been moved to LSM launch coasters on intamins site.

Christian

Hyper Poster
that also makes sense,another thing we need to consider is that the accelerator coaster is all but being produced anymore. all accelerator coasters have been moved to LSM launch coasters on intamins site.

If I am not mistaken, Intamin still supports the model. Thereby there should be no issue in getting the parts. The only proble is the time that it may take to get them.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
If I am not mistaken, Intamin still supports the model. Thereby there should be no issue in getting the parts. The only proble is the time that it may take to get them.
it also is expensive to ship things from Sweden to american. another thing to consider is that intamin and cedar fair also have somewhat of a rocky relationship.

Christian

Hyper Poster
it also is expensive to ship things from Sweden to american. another thing to consider is that intamin and cedar fair also have somewhat of a rocky relationship.

Yes, it is expensive to ship things from Sweden to the US but I doubt there are any Inatmin xcelerator parts left in the country. Kanonen left us a long time ago.

Maybe Cedar Fair might not want to buy new Intamin coasters but I am certain that Cedar Fair doesn't want to put their guests in danger by not replacing parts on their existing Intamins.

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
I don't think the relationship with Cedar Fair and Intamin has really anything to do with the length. Zumanjaro Drop Of Doom at Six Flags Great Adventure was down for most of the season due to a part. Then Leviathan at Wonderland would've been down for the rest of the season mid august if they didn't get an extra part from Seaworld Orland, and Green Lantern at Great Adventure has been down for a bit while waiting for a new Gearbox. For Safety reasons parks have to go by Manufacturer specifications and get parts through the manufacturer so they are safe and made correctly.

CoasterGoji_501

Roller Poster
Yes, it is expensive to ship things from Sweden to the US but I doubt there are any Inatmin xcelerator parts left in the country. Kanonen left us a long time ago.

Maybe Cedar Fair might not want to buy new Intamin coasters but I am certain that Cedar Fair doesn't want to put their guests in danger by not replacing parts on their existing Intamins.
I don't think the relationship with Cedar Fair and Intamin has really anything to do with the length. Zumanjaro Drop Of Doom at Six Flags Great Adventure was down for most of the season due to a part. Then Leviathan at Wonderland would've been down for the rest of the season mid august if they didn't get an extra part from Seaworld Orland, and Green Lantern at Great Adventure has been down for a bit while waiting for a new Gearbox. For Safety reasons parks have to go by Manufacturer specifications and get parts through the manufacturer so they are safe and made correctly.
to be fair you guys are right. as far as parts i think Cedar Fair could use parts from dragster (If there functional). but than again we can try and put LSM"s on it but the track cant fit anything but a hydraulic or air launch. both of those's still are incredibility unreliable

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
question, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE HE|| IS GOING ON WITH THIS THREAD TITLE

Absolutely not. :D

I recall having a thread on this subject a while back, if anyone can dig it out I'll merge. If not, this one can stay (but with a fixed topic title). :)

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Was at Knott's last week. I have spotted no activity, no train was on the course. Actually, that ride was really missing in the line up of the park.