What's new

Do you wash your hands after using the toilet?

AJ

Giga Poster
Simple question, really.

I wash my hands after any form of toilet use. But obviously i know some people do not. Ha.

Own up......

Jesus christ this is the strangest thread EVER.
Besides: Do you really think anyone who doesn't wash their hands after the toilet would admit it?
Sometimes it's even best not to know lol

Yes. Why should I inflict my groin germs on other people without their consent?

Anybody who doesn't wash their hands after using the toilet is a disgusting, foul animal.

Wetting them under running water does not count as washing. This is how you should wash your hands.
handwashing-steps.jpg

(Although I admit not turn turning off the tap with a towel. I usually turn the tap off before drying.)

Yeah, as if anyone will own up in here.

I'd say about 90% of public toilet visitors do not wash their hands, given that I never see anyone else washing their hands, ever.. Plenty of people run their hands under the tap, but soap is an alien concept.

Of course I do. I rarely go to the **** toilet other than to wash my hands. :p

Joey said:
t I never see anyone else washing their hands, ever.. Plenty of people run their hands under the tap, but soap is an alien concept.

Exactly! I notice that especially at the gym when guys take a dump and just let water run over their hands for 1 or 2 seconds and then go on to touch all the gym equipment which you have to touch and hold after them, it simply disgusts me.

I always do and it always annoys me when people don't. It also annoys me when the soap dispensers are out of soap.

I never dry my hands though unless there are paper towels (public) or a hand towel (private). Hot air driers are the worst things ever...

scary stuff about hand driers said:
Effective drying of the hands is an essential part of the hand hygiene process, but there is some debate over the most effective form of drying in washrooms. A growing volume of research suggests paper towels are much more hygienic than the electric hand dryers found in many washrooms.

In 2008, a study was conducted by the University of Westminster, London, and sponsored by the paper-towel industry the European Tissue Symposium, to compare the levels of hygiene offered by paper towels, warm-air hand dryers and the more modern jet-air hand dryers.[21] The key findings were:

- after washing and drying hands with the warm-air dryer, the total number of bacteria was found to increase on average on the finger pads by 194% and on the palms by 254%
- drying with the jet-air dryer resulted in an increase on average of the total number of bacteria on the finger pads by 42% and on the palms by 15%
- after washing and drying hands with a paper towel, the total number of bacteria was reduced on average on the finger pads by up to 76% and on the palms by up to 77%.

The scientists also carried out tests to establish whether there was the potential for cross contamination of other washroom users and the washroom environment as a result of each type of drying method. They found that:

the jet-air dryer, which blows air out of the unit at claimed speeds of 400 mph, was capable of blowing micro-organisms from the hands and the unit and potentially contaminating other washroom users and the washroom environment up to 2 metres away.
-use of a warm-air hand dryer spread micro-organisms up to 0.25 metres from the dryer.
-paper towels showed no significant spread of micro-organisms.

Germs, shmerms...

Actually - I had to wait to wash my hands in sainsburys today, all three sinks were being used by people shaving! one guy was even doing his sideys!

Of course I wash my hands after using the toilet. And it annoys me to no end to see how many people in public restrooms simply don't bother. It's not that I'm a germophobe, it's just that I'm health conscious and not a slob.

But what really bothers me are public bathrooms where the door is designed such that it opens into the bathroom and can only be opened by turning a knob or handle. It kind of defeats the purpose of washing my hands if I have to touch the same filthy knob that Guy Who Just Took A Dump And Didn't Wash just touched. Seriously, does anybody think these things through?

Nooooow, if I have a massive banging **** I will always wash my hand, sometime twice if I feel that I didn't wash them enough or I get a paranoid feeling that I didn't. If I'm peeing, nah not really. If I get a bit of splash back then it's a rinse.

Oh, public toilets? Well I ain't ever pooping in one of them and the rare occasion I have to pee then I go around and kick everything to avoid using my hands :D

^I did not need to hear that lol.

Anyway of course, Always for at least 1 minute and not just rubbing them side by side but actually doing it the right way.