• Sometimes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It all depends on what type of coaster it is,
If it's launched, or interted then front seat. (Or a bumpy ride.)
But if it's a hyper/mega coaster, or a woodie, then back row.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It depends on the ride and timing.

Some rides, particularly inverts are significantly better in the front row. It's occasionally worth waiting a bit longer for front row, especially if the queue isn't too long. I won't usually bother with the front row queue for more than a couple of rides per visit, and rarely more than once per ride on any given visit unless the front row queue is really short.

That said, I'm a big fan of abusing single rider queues where available. If you use single rider enough, chances are you'll get front row sooner or later (and a lot more rides in the meantime).

Ben

CF Legend
7 years...

SEVEN YEARS?

Really?

And as IF I'm the last post in this before the bump, and it's SEVEN years old...

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I don't bother really. I just want to get on no matter where. I have been front row on Air though! That was luck from using the single riders queue though. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Lol, bumpty bump bump!

Anyway, no. I really don't see the point of front row riding, never have. I prefer back row <3

dominoes

Mega Poster
^On Colossus at Thorpe Park I prefer front row because it is so painfull, especially on the first drop...

nadroJ

CF Legend
dominoes said:
^On Colossus at Thorpe Park I prefer front row because it is so painfull, especially on the first drop...

Lol, don't really get why that was aimed at me, but OK.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Sometimes, I'm usually not too picky where I sit. Though I do prefer the front over the back. It really just depends if the right is worth waiting those few extra runs before I get on. And if I go with other people they usually don't like to wait for me while I ride front or back a fews trains behind.

Lofty

CF Legend
It TOTALLY depends on what type of coaster it is and how big the queue actually is for the front row etc.

Nemesis - Never front.
Goliath (Walibi) - Front Row, I'd make the effort to queue for it.

I'm not saying every invert has to be back row and Airtime Machine has to be front, but they were just examples.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^And they're backwards... ;)

Surely it's all about the view on the invert, but the forces on the airtime machine? :?

Colossus

Giga Poster
All depends on the situation really, if there`s a short enough queue or if the ride is noticeably better on the front row and therefore worth waiting for then yes. Otherwise no, I`am normally at the back.

Mark9

Roller Poster
Depends on the ride. I like to get front row on B&M's and Intamin rides in particular. Certain rides such as Nemesis, Thirteen and Raptor never have long waits whereas rides like Air, Colossus and Rita seem to take forever.

tepr

Roller Poster
Depends on how long the queue is. If the ride's walk on and the front row queue isn't too excessive, I'll often go for it if it's a front row experience I particularly like. But other than that usually no.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Not really, unless it will make a huge difference on something such as Duelling Dragons, I can't usually be bothered. Back seat is usually where I'm at <3