• Just my looks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just my personality

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Pokemaniac said:
And like Kim over here, I don't give a damn about what other people think about me. For example, I choose my clothes by the "top of the drawer"-method, and have never put anything in my hair that I haven't washed out again seconds later. Why care?

If I were you, sometimes I WOULD care about what other people think. What if you're going up for a big job interview, you may think looking slovenly is fine (because it doesn't matter what other people think), but if you don't look presentable, you won't get the job.

So sometimes, you do have to care what other people think.

kimahri

CF Legend
Uncle Arly said:
Pokemaniac said:
And like Kim over here, I don't give a damn about what other people think about me. For example, I choose my clothes by the "top of the drawer"-method, and have never put anything in my hair that I haven't washed out again seconds later. Why care?

If I were you, sometimes I WOULD care about what other people think. What if you're going up for a big job interview, you may think looking slovenly is fine (because it doesn't matter what other people think), but if you don't look presentable, you won't get the job.

So sometimes, you do have to care what other people think.

We base our "presentability" based on how we think we'd look and do it our way. Not the way other people do it beacause we're the ones doing it. not them.

If that makes sense.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
jayjay said:
You only get one body, and you may as well like it rather than hating yourself for having a big nose or something.
This.
I have a big nose, and I'm not one of these people who's like omgggg my nose is massive when it just isn't. My nose is genuinely rather large. It used to really get me down but like, I realised there's no point in letting it get to me. Okay, so I do care what people think, I always dress to impress, and it would really upset me if someone said something to my face about my appearance. If people said it behind my back and I never found out about it though, I wouldn't be arsed. What I don't know can't hurt me. I'd like to think my nose helps people remember me, even if it is as the girl with the big nose. Still, I'll be remembered!
Haa, that was pretty deep for me. I like my personality a lot.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
To expand on my one word comment of last night, Yes there are many features I like about myself and people seem to like me for trying to be unique and do creative different things.

Its only really been a recent thing, having any social life/skills starting to work. I hate the fact I just can't mix with people very well. I wish I could have part of the life of a normal teen that Ive missed for not mixing. Trouble is, I live far from any friends so I dont see it improving much. I tend to have to plan what I say. Like a mental list. If I screw up, it will play on my mind. I am proud that I have found great friends now though, who I could trust and rely on, and love to bits in a certain case! Unlike the past.

Looks? Have you seen those ears. Like ****ing batwings. Having narrow ear canals, my ears block up so I cant hear sometimes. My back? I have metal rods in my back. My spine is about 50 degrees off one way, so I have a massive hump out one side, and the ribs stick out. I could list my faults, but I cba to write anymore.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm pretty happy about myself; I mean it's better to think that then to be depressed with who you are and know you're sticking with it your whole life. :)

I'll have to be honest I have my pros and cons, but all you can do is admire them.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
We base our "presentability" based on how we think we'd look and do it our way. Not the way other people do it beacause we're the ones doing it. not them.

If that makes sense.

Not at all. Explain?

kimahri

CF Legend
Uncle Arly said:
kimahri said:

If that makes sense.

Not at all. Explain?

Instead of going to people and asking "How do I look?". Just look in the mirror.

tks

Strata Poster
Your own opinion can be highly flawed at times. It's always good to get a second opinion and most of the time people will go "yeh you look great" which boosts your confidance.

Of course you could have no taste and fashion sense what-so-ever, in that case you definately need to be told off.

marc

CF Legend
Do I like myself, No simple. In fact sometimes I would go as far to say I hate myself.

I could list things but there are to many points to list.

Slash

Giga Poster
Well I like myself, wouldn't say I love myself but I like myself.

Those people who don't are never going to feel satisfied in life, if you feel good in your own skin nothing can go wrong.

I dislike certain characteristics I have like my ability to get annoyed easily but hopefully I'll overcome that one day.

But overall I like my weirdness. I'm not bad looking, not great but what the hey! And I'm just happy with life.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
tks said:
Of course you could have no taste and fashion sense what-so-ever, in that case you definately need to be told off.

Guess I need to be told off, then. As long as the clothes I wear are intact, my size, clean (enough) and fit for the weather/situation, it's an as good choice as everything else I have available at the moment. Usually, the garment is selected simply because it's the first one I see. Of course, I eliminate some T-shirts because of eyesore colours or plain ridicule, but in general, the first thing I see when I dress in the morning is what I wear that day. And I don't really care.

Dave

CF Legend
Im very self concious but thats past experiences coming back to haunt me (i.e. bullying and relationships), I've constantly strived to perfect myself and how I look, but this is giving me more confidence as I get older and well wiser I guess!

Manderr

Mega Poster
I'm in the middle I think. Lookswise, i'm far from perfect looking, but thank myself lucky i don't have a third arm or anything really abnormal. I hate my height, however and do get self-conscious over it sometimes.

Personality wise, i reckon i'm fairly average, i have bad and good days like everybody else. Somedays i think i'm actually hilarious, and other days im a total twat, but i usually can pick up on mistakes i've made and try to rectify them which i think is a good point. I could do with learning to keep my mouth shut sometimes though and thinking before i speak! :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Do people spit on me in the street? No.
Have I ever had to wear a bag over my head? Nope.
Do people always avoid me in the pub/street/theme park? No.
Do I have somebody who loves me? (I'd best say yes :lol: ).

As long as those things stay true, I'm not going to concern myself too much with what I think. I do self analysis just as everyone does - you need to keep yourself on your toes to make sure you don't stray too far off the path that gives you the above. Arrogance and/or slovenly nature towards people does not benefit anyone. So, I try to keep myself in check. If I'm making others happy and I'm attractive to others - then I'm happy with myself. That's the only true way to determine if you're likeable or not - the reaction of others.

I know everyone says "as long as you're happy with yourself", but that's crap. Everyone can do something that will make others happy with them. Why should you have to? Because if you want to have friends through life and to get on - it's important to get on with people, so people must like you.

Everyone is different, and everyone will find somebody out there who likes their own brand of different.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
*claps* hooray Furie!

Obviously there are occasions where i feel less than amicable with myself...
But on the whole i'm ok with myself.... I don't think i'm hideous or remarkable....

I'm me... as long as i stay true to me i'll be happy with that!