What's new

Do you have a 'theme park outfit'?

dominoes

Mega Poster
I always wear jeans, a t-shirt and a hoodie. Oh, and trainers. But to be honest, I dont have much else... :(

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not somebody who buys clothes on a regular basis but I try my best to mix and match with what I've got.

Tight/zip pockets are a must, as is something that won't make me sweat or show sweat marks.

I don't think I have a "uniform", but as long as I'm comfortable and deliberately avoiding the same clothes day-in, day-out, I couldn't really give a ****.

And a quick LOL to those who wear theme park group branded fleeces. CLONES!

tks

Strata Poster
Ian said:
And a quick LOL to those who wear theme park group branded fleeces. CLONES!

Do you mean we won't be getting those fleeces after all? Or badly designed group t-shirts?? :( There goes my Italy wardrobe!

I try and wear something I haven't worn before in front of CF'ers. I'm thinking of you guys/girls/those who are yet to make up your minds..

Nic

Strata Poster
I used to have a "theme park outfit" of sorts. This was in as much as I'd wear the most practical clothing I owned. For example, I'd never wear jeans, and always wear some kind of combats/shorts which would dry out more quickly after a water ride. After a while I couldn't be arsed with the effort of making sure that something specific was washed and ready to go for a theme park day, and now tend to just wear my normal "weekend clothes". That, for the most part, involves jeans and a t-shirt/vest top. I've even stopped bothering with my "theme park bag" (small rucksack) and now just take my usual handbag.

To be honest though, most of my non-work clothes that aren't jeans are practical outdoor type stuff anyway (that includes my handbag). When you've spend most of your life doing stuff like canoeing, camping, or canoe-camping then that tends to be what happens.

My one rule is that I would never wear a park/ride t-shirt to that park. Just like I wouldn't wear a band t-shirt to one of their gigs either. I used to when I was a kid, but now its just embarrassing.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Not really, no. I have a lot of band t-shirts (around 40 I think) and shirts with dragons on them...and the occasional Sonic shirt too, ha. So I'll usually just throw one of those on, and it's usually a different one every time I visit a park unless I feel like showing a new one off or go through a phase of having a favourite top to wear out.

I have quite a few pairs of jeans that I'll cycle through, but I've recently got a new pair of baggy CyberDog trousers that have zips, so those will be a 'must' from now on since they hold my/other people's phones, wallets etc. Saves bringing a bag and it means I won't lose anything on rides!

I'm guilty of pretty much always wearing my skull and crossbone hoody though, although that's not strictly limited to parks. I do wash it weekly though! When it starts getting colder though, I'll switch to my Winter jacket. Veeerrrry comfy.

kimahri

CF Legend
Enigma Shadow said:
I have quite a few pairs of jeans that I'll cycle through, but I've recently got a new pair of baggy CyberDog trousers that have zips, so those will be a 'must' from now on since they hold my/other people's phones, wallets etc. Saves bringing a bag and it means I won't lose anything on rides!

the ones where your ass glow? <3

Error

Strata Poster
Jean shorts and a printed tee.

I will never, NEVER wear a theme park/coaster shirt TO ANY park. I did it once and looked like a fool.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Black t-shirt, black shorts, black socks, black shoes, and generally a black jacket and black pants if it's cold.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I bought a jacket that folds into its own pocket as its small and semi waterproof which I always take to a theme park and to be honest I do feel slightly dirty as i usually wear the same sort of clothes but the main thing is I know they are clean :D

Xpress

Strata Poster
FaceYourNemesis said:
Xpress said:
Black t-shirt, black shorts, black socks, black shoes, and generally a black jacket and black pants if it's cold.

Goth much? :shock:

J/k

What, you got a problem with people liking black attire? Black is the absence of color, as you know ;)

Colossus

Giga Poster
A mate of mine has his own t-shirt business, so hes made me a Colossus style football shirt which i wear to thorpe park only.

herbinator

Mega Poster
Just normal stuff. Skinny jeans, for the deep pockets and tightness, they really holg things in your pockets; and a t-shirt, usually a band tee just because it's what's in my draw. Then I'll throw in a hoodie when things get cold. Usually a zip hoodie so I can just undo it when things get warn again. If there is a possibility that I need to carry something or the weather is really temperamental I'll bring a small bag, usually a shoulder bag so it's easy to store and carry. Sorted.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
When I visit a park, I'll just wear the same sort of clothing I do on any other day - a long sleeve shirt, jeans and my fleece. The contents of my pockets get moved around though, as anything that would normally be in my jeans pocket gets relocated to the zip pockets on my fleece.

That said, I'm looking at switching to cargo trousers for the Italy live, as the fleece will be horribly impractical in those temperatures and I'm still going to need zip pockets.

* Waits for gasps of shock to subside *

The only time I ever wore a park shirt was at Hansa Park when we'd all been given free Novgorod t-shirts. We all know how well that ended :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
MouseAT said:
When I visit a park, I'll just wear the same sort of clothing I do on any other day - a long sleeve shirt, jeans and my fleece. The contents of my pockets get moved around though, as anything that would normally be in my jeans pocket gets relocated to the zip pockets on my fleece.

That said, I'm looking at switching to cargo trousers for the Italy live, as the fleece will be horribly impractical in those temperatures and I'm still going to need zip pockets.

* Waits for gasps of shock to subside *

The only time I ever wore a park shirt was at Hansa Park when we'd all been given free Novgorod t-shirts. We all know how well that ended :lol:

Would you not consider cutting the sleeves off and making a sort of fleece-vest? It'd be very disappointing for the fleece to make absolutely no appearance at all!