What's new

Disneyland Paris gets financial help

Martyn B said:
When I last went in Jan 2011, the food variety/quality had improved a LOT.

When I was there last September 2011, the food variety/quality took a nose-dive!
Even Luck Nugget's turned crap with their dried pizza and chicken nuggets!!! I expected the same buffet I got the previous years with lovely juicy steak, hand cut potatoes, pork, chicken the lot! I hated it so much, I refused to pay and walked out.

I find the food quality differs every time I go (consider the fact I got 2-3 times a year). I think they keep trying different options to see what works best but I actually don't know. Even when it's at its worst though it's still miles ahead of pretty much all the other parks out there (in Europe at least).

Yes this is true peep. I find the food at varying quality too but it is still miles ahead of most other theme parks. The sandwich shop on main street always a win for me :)

I don't think the issue is the quality so much, but the really poor levels of choice. I appreciate that a lot of people are looking for a more 'full-on' dinner around 5/6pm but I have to wonder how many are not and would rather something about more 'fast-food' like. It's like they intentionally close all the convenience food outlets at around 5/6 so that people are railroaded into having a more expensive sit down meal. We wanted a snack/light meal at around 5.30/6 before settling down for the Dreams show but we actually struggled to find anywhere still open besides the top-end restaurants :-(

Don't get me wrong, I bet the food in them is actually really nice, im not disputing that but quite frankly, I cant afford them most of the time.

^ Nah not really.. Even the top end food is mediocre... I think the food, compared to when I was first visiting from 1994, is shocking. What happened to the "Monstro Burger"?????? That thing was huge and whooped the ass off of any GBK restaurant. Now a burger from DLP doesn't even meet the standards of a simple happy meal.

I don't mind the prices being expensive, thats not an issue... I just ask that they at least give me something of quality.

Oh arse! I went in 1996 and had a great burger - was hoping for more of the same on my return in a couple of weeks. But very few people have good words to say about the food there now - think I'll be popping to a supermarket.

Or, head into Disney Village and go to Earl of Sandwich. That is the only place where I've found decent food at DLP, everywhere else had been disgusting, cheapo crappy fast food, as in worse than McDonalds, and I've never eaten in one of the posher places. To be honest, I think the best in park place is probably Casey's Corner hot dogs, bit they're really quite expensive so I don't know really :/

^Urgh, Casey's is expensive and not really worth it. Earl <3 I really like King Ludwigs in the Village too. I really like the pasta in Fantasyland, simple but filling, the lasagne is just as good. I've eaten quite a lot at Walts (very expensive) which is usually worth the money. They change the portion sizes etc too much in there though so I never know how good it is.

Anyway, why has this topic reverted to yet another conversation about the food at DLP?

Because it's the same people posting who latch onto EVERY DLP topic?