What's new

Disney Quest to close in 2016

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Full article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ey/os-disneyquest-closing-20150630-story.html

So, after 18 years, Disney Quest in Downtown Disney, at Disney World, will close it's doors. They will replace it with an NBA Restaurant/Shop. My thoughts? Terrible decision. It had loads of classic games, and a bunch of ridable games. Especially that they're replacing it with an NBA experience. Luckily, I'm going to it in a few days. As for the rest of you, good luck.

Begin discussion.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I have visited Disney Quest multiple times in 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012 and 2014. The place never saw any significant chances. This let to it looking tacky. For example the human pinball game, it was great fun but then it was always down. It had a technical fault while I was riding it last year. The drive around with a cannon thing never worked properly. The virtual reality light sword game was very dated. I could go on.
The place was seriously neglected.

The only attractions that I am going to miss are the coaster builder, but even that had seen better days and the NASCAR racing games. There's nothing like beating Americans at their own game. :wink:

To be honest what it is going to be turned into doesn't sound any better.
In the end nothing of value was lost and nothing of value will be gained.

When I saw this appear on my Facebook timeline I was seriously hoping it was to be replaced by a newer version of the DisneyQuest idea. It was so ridiculously dated, barely anything worked and just looked like it belonged in the early 90s.

To be replacing it with just another restaurant seems like a crazy idea. Such a huge space, to be replacing something quite different to everything else in the area to something quite generic (Yay, a sports themed bar *rolls eyes*) just seems like a poor choice.

I didn't realise this thing was still open, Jesus.

Yeah, rip it down.

Virtual Space Mountain, lolololol.

Aw, I have some good memories of this place back in 2001, but if they haven't updated it since then I'm guessing it was pretty outdated.

No huge loss, though.

I only ever visited Disney Quest in 2005, and do remember it feeling rather dated.

Maybe not a good riddance, but a simple fact that the attraction has run it's course, and it is time for new blood.

I agree with most people in here, it was so dated it was pretty embarrassing. But why not update it, instead of turning into yet another restaurant?

As most have said, DisneyQuest has seen better days. Now that it's so dated, it is time for a change.

When at Disney, I mainly just use Downtown Disney for Dining and movies, not really a whole "experience" type visit. Because of that, I am happy they are adding the NBA Experience. When the NBA City restaurants were slightly more common around the country I used to love going and eating there because they had a ton of TVs. Also, if it's not basketball season, there are other sports on anyway!

It's a nice idea but like everyone said it is very dated, nothing works and I was quite disappointed by the whole thing, if they replace it with a modern, much better version of Disney Quest that'd be great, it is a great idea like I said, but is in need of some serious 'newness'.