Disney Hollywood Studios Orlando to Remove Sorcerer's Hat

spicy

Giga Poster
Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Orlando to Remove Sorcerer's Ha

Why did the view have to be blocked?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

I have to admit, that is a stunning looking building to see when you enter Hollywood Studios...but I don't know, the hat is a bit of an icon :/ clearly I'm a minority but it is a little sad to see it go, but onwards and upwards. Are the plans to just leave it empty? Or will something take it's place? My understanding was the stage under/in front of it was quite an icon for that park with shows happening throughout the day. Is that staying or going?

marc

CF Legend
It had to block the view due to a falling out with mgm.. Rather than remove the building they just blocked it.

New owners now own the real place so Disney have done a deal with them so the hat can now be removed.

marc

CF Legend

From today
e4081b510e0228aa687b8dcc9343546a.jpg

marc

CF Legend

The hat today.

It's only a few of us that are interested in this lol. It's almost as good as a new attraction lol

8bdd8ce39227aa7ff43ebf1842b136ad.jpg

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

I never thought the hat was that bad in itself, it just looked a bit weird how it was obviously covering the theatre. Will be nice to see the street how it was intended again.

They should move the hat to the Paris studios so they have a better "weenie" at the end of the street than the Studio Tram Tour. :lol: