What's new

disappointing Merch

You want terrible merch head to the Chinese parks.
The Chinese parks are absolutely dreadful for souvenirs, even the big chains like Fantawild and Happy Valley.

You've made Fantawild Dragon sad now.

41885381771_630ef986d4_z.jpg

Completely agree with Phantasialand!

I decided to rock up wearing just a T shirt in December and lasted a couple of hours before caving in and heading to the main gift shop. I would have quite happily paid 50+ euros for a Taron hoody but nope.

I like the dragon, he's ridiculous. Not sure I'd give him house room though...

I remember liking Phantasialand's gift shop, though admittedly I don't think I came back with any souvenirs. I could spend a fortune in EP's AND I'd trust it to be well made and long lasting.

Based on Canada's Wonderland (and only Canada's Wonderland) I'm guessing Cedar Fair are quite hot on tat, I used to really like Expedition Ge Force's shop as it did basically everything and Port Aventura's used to be good too. Hell, even Merlin have stepped up their game in this department of late, probably realising there's goons out there who'll buy anything.

Movie World in Oz was poor, as it was all generic WB stuff, as it would be in Germany or Spain. Can't think of any others immediately.

Right, next person who goes to China, please bring me back a Fantawild Dragon.
Cash waiting.

"Biggest disappointment was definitely Liseberg"

First time I went I got a fab rucksack, but the visits since I haven't found much at all!!

And at thorpe a few years ago, I got a nice hefty square based shot glass - can't see em now though!

And the last few times I've been to merlin parks, XL is the largest tshirt size they have! (the cool shirts only being available in small or medium is a bugbear).

Drievliet's tat shop wasn't even open on my visit there!

^ Only Phanta merch I have is a Talocan mug and I'd say it's pretty fab/well built tbh

Last edited:
I like Phantasia's merch but I like dragons so I'm sorted.
Never been a fan of big gaudy "look at this it's a rollercoaster!" type merch. I'm more of an understated kind of guy, which is probably why I love Hansa park's stuff so much.

He has a name: Duludubi
Just found a description of him on an old tag:

'Duludubi is a blue boy dinosaur. He is a naughty boy. Sometimes may get into trouble for his mischievous actions. He has got a lot of brains, and sympathy is his best quality. Acknowledging a lot about science, he is.'

Love how it starts strong and goes all Yoda at the end.

Fantawild in Chongqing had one of those animated character talking to the audience things, featuring Duludubi.

I'm sure some of the other parks must have it, but I've never bothered since.

Just waiting on the train back to London now after a weekend at Disneyland Paris and MY GOD. The merch has always been pretty dire but it’s currently at a new low - absolutely abysmal offering.

That said, I do enjoy the hunt to find actual good stuff but seriously! It’s either the literal same crap they’ve always had for pushing on what…ten years now? Or just…awful hideous garbage.