What's new

Dania Beach Hurricane no more!

CoasterWild

Mega Poster
After 10 years of operating at Boomers in Florida, the Hurricane gave it's last rides!
Here's a tribute from it's early to late years!
h46dg1f609n0000j288he7.jpg

29d9h448n3mg0nk04rg000.jpg

3qb24pi24bhrc0bqo2dq00.jpg

2rm2cp125otk05tk16t000.jpg

0tb688he7dg1ff09n0000j.jpg

g14g0no04rg0049l448n3m.jpg

khh2ser10q80jeg00h74gh.jpg

lkh25otk0n5g16t0012e91.jpg

dgp6g04rk0009r448n3mo8.jpg

keo5otm21k816s0002ep12.jpg

a9c16s0002f9125otm21js.jpg

jcqser39d60jeg0017kgh2.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
CoasterWild said:
Chris! aka rollermonkey <3

At least the kid & I got the cred before it closed.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RErllzPw64E[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
To our Guests:
We have been informed that the third party who owns and operates the wooden roller coaster adjacent to the Boomers Family Fun Center in Dania/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida has ceased operations effective immediately. The closure of the roller coaster does not and will not affect the operations of the Boomers Family Fun Center, which remains open 7-days a week, 365 days a year and provides outstanding family fun for children and adults of all ages.
We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to you enjoying Boomers’ many attractions throughout the park, including our high speed go-karts, mini golf, laser tag and huge video arcade.
Taken from Boomers facebook page. Source: http://www.facebook.com/notes/boome...dania-wooden-roller-coaster/10150187176697929

This is the only news article I could find:
The wooden roller-coaster in Dania Beach visible from the Interstate-95 since its opening 11 years ago has closed, according to Boomers, the entertainment company that shared the property with the ride.
The click-clack of the Hurricane Roller Coaster stopped Tuesday after business hours, said Joe Tortorella, the general manager at Boomers in Dania Beach. He said owners informed him “a couple of days” earlier about plans to halt operations of what was billed as the tallest wooden coaster in Florida.
The up-and-down ride to a 100-foot peak is sure to be missed by some visitors including couple Richie Kearns, 40, and Sherry Blais, 39, who were married there on Valentine’s Day this year in the fifth wedding on the ride since its debut, according to coaster managers.
Still, Tortorella said he did not expect the coaster’s shutdown to hurt business at Boomers, which operates an indoor arcade and 12 rides of its own.
“We were here first,” Tortorella said, “and they were an add-on later.”
Source: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/south...dania-beach-wooden-roller-coaster-shuts-down/

The huge go-kart track that is across the road from the Hurricane has also been abandoned. Could be the same owner.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Gutted, was going to go down there this summer whilst in Florida, Still, I have got cheetah hunt to look forward to!

Jake

Strata Poster
Ahh, I quite liked this ride!

Although, we were the only two on it, so I can see how it didn't make much cash...