Mike

Giga Poster
Thorpe Park is STILL rubbish.
I managed to get on:
Inferno x2
Flying Fish x1
Zodiac x1
Quantum x1
Seemingly more than most people, but still quite abysmal.

Today wasn't really about the rides though (because they weren't working, obviously :p), but more about meeting up with everyone again, and meeting up with some new faces. :)

Paulton's tomorrow, and if it's not better than today has been, then I might quit this Theme Park malarcky. :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Will said:
...and the Liverpool fan whose name I'm sorry to say I never did catch

That'd be me :lol:

I was most amused at the simple fact that we'd managed to somehow inflict United's biggest home loss EVER in the Premier League!

Lain

Giga Poster
And if that wasn't bad enough, Saw's saw was spinning the wrong way!

What a shambles.

---

^To the above, it's not their biggest ever home loss - they lost at home to Queens Park Rangers by the same margin on 01/01/1992.

:p

nealbie

CF Legend
Lain said:
To the above, it's not their biggest ever home loss - they lost at home to Queens Park Rangers by the same margin on 01/01/1992.

:p

Fail! :lol:

Whilst I do not contest that that happened, the FA Premier League did not start until August 1992 and..........

I clearly said:
United's biggest home loss EVER in the Premier League!

:wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
Lain said:
And if that wasn't bad enough, Saw's saw was spinning the wrong way!

What a shambles.
No it wasn't I've got loads of videos of them and their all spinning the correct way. :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Harvey said:
Actually, it was founded in February 1992, not August.

At what point did I mention the league's foundation on the 20th February? :wink:

(Other than just now :roll: )

tks

Strata Poster
^ Generally saws do not spin with the pointy bit trailing behind.. If you get what i mean.

Anyway.. Erm. I had a rather fun day actually, very nice to see people again. Even if i was blindingly hungover for the first part of the day.. And arrived two hours late.. :lol:

Ride count:
Flying Fish x2
Teacups
X:\
Rush

And I cheated Thorpe out of a free ticket to Alton Towers! That's the next live sorted.. :lol: And a free return to Thorpe. sometime.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
SchumacherFerrari said:
Guys, c'mon, do you seriously think that Thorpe intentionally go out of their way to piss off their guests?
Whilst I'd probably not go that far, they're certainly indifferent to them.

I was absent from this live for the simple reason that I'm unable to attend Paultons tomorrow and I had zero faith in Thorpe Park to have their rides running reliably. I've been to Thorpe on three previous occasions, and only on one of those days would I describe the park as running rides acceptably (and yes, there were several break-downs even on the 'good' day).

Clearly one or more people on Thorpe Park's senior management team believe that as long as people are paying money to come through the gates, it's acceptable for rides to keep breaking down like this. The fact that after all these years the problems persist indicates that the park is not prepared to commit the time and resources to fixing things, which means that all too often, we get days like this where hardly anything works, and the rides that are running have insanely large queues.

It's ridiculous that whenever I visit Thorpe, I now expect at least one of the major rides to be unavailable. I don't expect major problems at any of the other UK parks I visit unless I'm very unlucky. At Thorpe, the problems seem to be common place.

For people like A-Kid and Beans who live locally, or even people who live within the South-East, it's not such a big deal, as you've always got the option of coming back (cheaply or for free), so if something isn't available, chances are you'll get to ride it at a later date. This also applies to much of Thorpe's 'local teen' demographic. Not so in my case.

If I had been at Thorpe today, it would have resulted in me losing somewhere in the region of £300. Three. Hundred. Pounds. Travel and accommodation isn't cheap, and believe me, if I'd been there today, I'd have been completely livid.

I'm seriously wondering whether to ditch my Merlin pass this season, get one of the cheaper Alton Towers passes and not bother with Ghosterforce this year. Thorpe are a ****ing joke, and unless their reliability drastically improves between now and October (MouseAT tries to stop laughing, then picks himself up off the floor), I have no desire to waste such obscene amounts of money to battle insane crowds and ride breakdowns again.

To Thorpe Park's management - get your ****ing act together. This is completely unacceptable. Stop treating your paying customers like ****.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Firstly,MouseAT,I totally agree with everything you said,bang on post.

When I found out yesterday that I wasn't able to make this Live,I spent most of last night sulking,but having read these reports,I'm now relieved I didn't go.Yes of course meeting people again would have been great,but having a day like that after getting up at 4.30 a.m,would have left me seriously peeved.

One thing I promised myself a while ago,was try not to slate Thorpe so much in future posts about the place,but once again,the place just reinforces what I've always thought,that it's a piss poor pathetic excuse of a park.

Anyway,end of rant,hope tomorrow is much better for you guys. :--D

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
annwndog said:
One thing I promised myself a while ago,was try not to slate Thorpe so much in future posts about the place,but once again,the place just reinforces what I've always thought,that it's a piss poor pathetic excuse of a park.
I have no real complaints about the park itself. It's in a reasonable setting, and has some very good rides. The chavs I can also live with - as long as they don't get in my way and make my life difficult, it's not a big problem, and not something the park has much control over anyway.

I have every problem with the way in which the park and rides are managed and run. These problems are could largely be prevented if management made it a priority. Yes there would still be occasional problems. Rides do develop faults every once in a while. However, if the park were to spend money on actually fixing some of the root causes of these breakdowns, we'd see far less of them, and there would be a hell of a lot less complaints about the park.

Rush

Giga Poster
One thing I forgot to mention was the three little skets who tried to queue jump Rach, Nicky and I in the Rush queue in which one of them spat on Nicky. That was a bit of a downer of the day also.

Oh and the 'Bern' on the complaint form was ****ing hilarious!

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Today I went to Thorpe with CF.

I queued for Saw with CF and balloons.
n50coy.jpg

It broke, we went inside briefly and left the queue.

We stopped here
2di36fd.jpg

And went home with a ride count of: NOTHING

[/trip report]

Mike

Giga Poster
If that's what you did, then I think you're totally missing the point of CF-Lives. :?
I thought CF-Lives were mainly about the social aspect, and less about the rides?

It's your fault that you didn't ride anything anyway. Inferno had about a 15 minute queue when a group of us went onto it, Flying Fish had no queue, and most of the other rides (that were open) only had hour queues anyway! :?

Oh well...

Bring on Paulton's!

peep

CF Legend
Now I would usually join in on this Thorpe = fail bandwagon but for once I can say (near the beginning of the season) that I had a fantastic day!!!

Am I the only one to think this?

Btw Will, loving the trip report. Will attempt to beat it on Monday when I sit down properly :D I think I did have too much fun writing the complaint :p

One think I can defo say is that I now have 30 priority tickets for a future CF Live. This can be for Alton, Chessie or Thorpe! So I seem to have a magic touch with getting free stuff, love me for it.

Yes there were some bad things but I got to talk to most of the peeps at the Live, met new peeps and had a good laugh, thats all I expect from a day to Thorpe because I've learnt that you can't trust the rides (though I probably argued something different at the park) so I go for the company and for me thats always what a CF Live is all about. If anything Thorpes abysmal performance made it a good day cause we all love a good moan.

Btw, got more priority tickets for today cause I sent Bezzer in and ended up getting a decent ride count :p

Dave

CF Legend
I know you'd had a good day at Paultons. You just can't there, they keep their rides open ;)

Swat

Mega Poster
Live Update for you... park opened 15mins late. Park power cut. All coasters currently down. 1hr queue for samurai. Saw, stealth, loggers, slammer down all day. Leaving to go to london in 15min. Joke.

Off TowerTimes member AstroDan who is at Thorpe Park today... Not a good opening weekend for Thorpe is it.