What's new

Crush's Turtle Twister - Disney Studios

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'd guess at a the same mechanism used to move the trains through the station, which I think might be tyre-driven.

neo

Mega Poster
Yes it will be either friction wheels or the track angled slightly downhill, where the track go's down hill very unoticably. The down hill method is used on a lot on brake runs.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I always thought it as strange for Disney to get a cheap cloned travelling ride, but Disney and the Imagineers will make it look like a master piece.

I just can't wait to see the cars!

-Martyn

A

Anonymous

Yeah this ride is starting to take shape cant wait to see more.

spicy

Giga Poster
At the moment I don't think it looks that good to be honest. I know once Disney have put there magic into it its going to be a good ride though.

joe

Mega Poster
The layout looks a little dull IMO, and reminding me of Spinball. But I think the ride will be more fun that thrilling, and I hope that its themed well.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its kind of the same as Indian Jones, its an average coaster that'll be made a million times better with Disney theming.

Chaz

Roller Poster
I hope as supposedly the same layout as whirlwind at camelot that dlp maintain this ride as if I say the one camelot hurts would be understatement. However disney may slow down parts of the ride more due to the theming and dark elements.

Mark

Strata Poster
Indeed Chaz,

Well form what I can tell by looking at RCDB the layout itself is well and truly complete and now work is hammering on in terms of the building and everything.

I can envisage an underwater feel to the ride throughout the whole building and I can imagine this will greatly improve the ride even though te layout isn't that great.

A

Anonymous

Hmm yes underwater, ok now that my mind has got back on focus here's some photos of Crush's COASTER as it is now to be known taken last week.

20061108_crush_02.jpg

20061108_crush_01.jpg

20061108_crush_04.jpg

Images from Anthony on WDSFANS.com

The rockwork looks rather good in the blue colour, that's where the coaster will be able to be seen by people outside too and also the Art of Disney Animation building has also been painted blue, I suspect to help the area that will be renamed Toon Studio from next June.

It truly has come a long way from early in the year when it was hardly even a building, no more than just a few blocks of concrete and now it's completely constructed.

crushscoasterlogo_new-thumb.jpg

Source: wdsfans.com

clecktown

Roller Poster
it has come on well, hasnt it?

i'm actually excited about this one lol
disney always use theming as the illusion to lure people into rides

Martyn B

CF Legend
And that was well over a month ago, it would be good to see what it looks like now.

I personally think this topic derserves to be stickied, well its better than soem of the crap which is currently sitckied.

spicy

Giga Poster
I was there last week and nothing has really changed to the construction site. All that has been done is the hole of the building has been painted blue, there wasn't much construction going on when I was there either.

I didn't take any pictures because nothing had really happened since those pictures^

and I was more interested in ToT :lol:

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Ok, Im not sure if you can call it an update, but we've got cars! (Not on the track, but we still have them...)

crush_chantier11.jpg

This was found on a video made by a German TV crew showing what was going on at the studio's now. The video apears not to be working at the moment, so we'll have to wait for that.

The cars themselves were apparently only used by the imagineers, to let them get a feel for what the guests would be going through. There are also a few pictures of a little model of the ride, showing the station.

Rest of the update

Ben

CF Legend
I quite like those trains, on first look they appeared a little dull, but the I realised they're shells :p.

And it still means Winjas has the best Spinner Cars.