What's new

Coasters you like that others don’t and a coaster you don’t like that others do

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Coaster I like but others don't: Laff Trakk! This was my first Maurer spinning coaster, and everything about it exceeded my expectations. It was an absolute blast of a ride, the spinning was enough to make it fun but not too intense for my grandma to ride (she enjoyed it too!), the theming was really funky, and it was glossy smooth...dare I say, the smoothest ride at Hersheypark (2019)!

Coaster(s) others like but I don't: This one's easy: Intimidator 305. I definitely need a re-ride on this one (along with Phantom's Revenge and Storm Runner, 2 other rides I didn't like as much as others), as I thought the ride was overall just...not fun? I mean if you've seen my top 10, even top 20, it becomes evident that I prefer fun rides to intense rides (with some exceptions), but I305 was all intensity and no fun. Poor airtime, repetitive motions, an OK first drop. It just didn't live up to the hype for me!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Ride I Like: Raptor at CP is most likely the roller coaster I have ridden the most in my life time. And damnit - it’s a phenomenal ride! I think the ride’s familiarity is the biggest bonus it has in my books; it is a quintessential nostalgia trip each and every time I ride. And after having read and many many more B&M inverts be on this one (actually my first B&M coaster ever), I will still gladly defend it does having some of the best inversion specimen in the business.

Ride I Don’t Like: it was a bit of a head scratcher to really identify a coaster I have big disagreement on. The biggest one that jumps out though is Boardwalk Bullet. Hear me out, I was massively hung over while riding (Rumpelstiltskin shots <3 ), so qualify everything I’m about to say with an asterisk. Despite being very sensitive to every single motion while riding, a lingering criticism I have of all GG coasters is weak second halves. While they have some of the greatest starts to any roller coaster in the business, there often feels an inflection point where you are just meandering around the layout, rather than rampaging through timbers. And Boardwalk Bullet is one of the greatest offenders in this regard. I really, really enjoyed the ride, but looking at my pragmatic rundown of ranking, it definitely scores lower than the typical placement.

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
Coasters I love that others don't:
Verbolten, Raging Bull, Gatekeeper, Stunt Coaster(s), Intimidator, Gold Rusher, Valravn, Revenge of the Mummy, Gemini, Fairly Odd Coaster. NINJA! Hell, I'd even add Blue Streak at the beginning of a season.

Coasters I could live without:
Voyage, Banshee, Nitro, Diamondback, Thunderbird, Time Traveler, Hades 360, Goliath SFMM.