What's new

Coasters that need a re-paint

A101

Mega Poster
Rides that have a current paint job that just didn't stand the elements, and could use some "freshening up."

For me it's Xcelerator, Stormrunner, Scream, Nitro, and dare I say Colossus.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Oblivion at Alton Towers needs a re-paint - desperately! No doubt with all the focus on X-Sector next year, the area and existing rides will see a spruce up.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I don't think Oblivion needs a re-paint, it gives it personality.

But I do agree about Colossus, it'll look so much better with a re-paint.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Xcelerator doesn't need new paint, it looks fine with the fresh supports and pink track, Scream on the other hand was a dire paint scheme to begin with but now every support is about 15 different colors.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Two months ago I would have said Khan but now Xcelerators comes to my mind. It desperately needs to bring its shiny red back!

Superman at Parque Warner could also use a coat of paint. Since Madrid is so sunny in summer the colours have faded away. It could as well be renamed Supergay.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Revolution at Blackpool... I reckon a nice, cool, steel/grey would be excellent ;)

CMonster

Giga Poster
Have they repainted the Incredible Hulk? If not, it's looking AWFUL. There's rust on the track and stuff, it's really bad. (Unless they painted it haha)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
^ Couldn't agree with that one more. :|

nasty_track.JPG

nadroJ

CF Legend
^To be fair, a lot of that is down to the mist tunnel. That's where the rustiness is at its worst.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
^ Yes, same thing with Nemesis Inferno. I suppose there isn't really that much that can be done to prevent it. But IMO, the rusty bits should be painted up over each closed season.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^That's all well and fine for Nemesis Inferno (not that Thorpe would ever do something as convenient and logical as that) but a park like IoA that HAS no off season, it becomes problematic.