What's new

Coasters that intrigue you

Matt N

CF Legend
Even though I've already ridden it, I must say that Megafobia at Oakwood in the back row intrigues me. When I rode in July 2016, I rode in the very front row, and I remember it having some good sustained airtime, but I wouldn't have said it was quite as strong as something like Mako; that coaster is something else! From people who've ridden in the back row, however, I've heard good things; my dad says that the back of Megafobia has "way more airtime than Mako" and had "so much airtime it was scary", and I've also heard reports of ejector so strong that you're practically standing up!

Efan

Mega Poster
Even though I've already ridden it, I must say that Megafobia at Oakwood in the back row intrigues me. When I rode in July 2016, I rode in the very front row, and I remember it having some good sustained airtime, but I wouldn't have said it was quite as strong as something like Mako; that coaster is something else! From people who've ridden in the back row, however, I've heard good things; my dad says that the back of Megafobia has "way more airtime than Mako" and had "so much airtime it was scary", and I've also heard reports of ejector so strong that you're practically standing up!
Better than Mako? Idk about that one. Good airtime (some of the best in UK) but I don't imagine it would be better than a B&M Hyper?

Matt N

CF Legend
Better than Mako? Idk about that one. Good airtime (some of the best in UK) but I don't imagine it would be better than a B&M Hyper?
To be fair, my dad really likes woodies, and I don't think he was quite as struck on Mako as the rest of us. He said it "didn't really do anything". I don't think it's down to a dislike of hypers, though, because by comparison, he cited the Big One at BPB as "amazing" and "one of the most mental things [he'd] ever done".

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but after reading a couple of reviews and watching a video or two of it, I have a new candidate for this thread:
  • Hakugei at Nagashima Spa Land - Now, when Hakugei was initially testing, it looked to peter out a little in places, and even though I thought it looked like a really fun, floaty RMC, many seemed quite underwhelmed by the initial videos of the ride. However, all of the reviews I've heard seem to be overwhelmingly positive. For example, 11 Captain Coaster members have presently ridden Hakugei, and every single one of them gives it 5/5: https://captaincoaster.com/en/coasters/hakugei-nagashima-spa-land. Even here on CF, @Serena and @daviddoc gave it an overwhelmingly positive reception in Serena's recent trip report from Japan; one of them even said it was better than Steel Vengeance, and that the airtime was some of the most intense RMC has ever done!