What's new

Coasters in Media

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Beverly Hills Cop is incredible and clearly the best answer here.

It would be... if you'd got the right fillum. It's the underrated masterpiece Beverley Hills Cop III.
Back to nerd school, with you.

Edit: unless you were referring to Catmaydo's earlier answer, in which case I'll shut up.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Mate, I don't need to bother mentioning that it's the third one because it's the only one worth watching (not true they're all great but if I had to choose it's the third one every time even now I'm ****ing humming the theme tune to Wonderworld) now you can all suffer with me

sandgrown

Mega Poster
Mick ****ing Hucknall's Goodmen rip-off. The video is the Big One, possibly with his filthy ginger mop wobbling around.
There was some boy band video done at the Pleas a few years ago, and obviously Yvette Fielding from Blue Peter shrieking her nut off on the Revolution.
BBC series 'Blackpool', also the 1997 fly on the wall series, and Where Seagulls Dare about PMBO construction.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
On the topic of stuff filmed at the Pleasure Beach, an episode of Max & Paddy's Road to Nowhere was filmed for a brief scene on the Big Dipper and a small ride in Beaver Creek.

The boy band video was 5SOS, whilst I think The Killers also did a video there as well.

The Oliver Platt and Lee Evans comedy Funny Bones was filmed throughout Blackpool, including a scene where the illuminations are switched on from on board Noah's Ark, and a scene where characters are living in a hut within the Grand National. Weirdly though, the characters run out from the Grand National and into the Ghost Train where they work as actors, but the Ghost Train used both internally and externally isn't the park's own Ghost Train.

The film Slayground was also filmed at the Pleasure Beach. I haven't seen the film, but the revolving tunnel in Alice in Wonderland is seen in the trailer on YouTube.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Had to dig this thread up, but I found a pretty recognizable name during King of the Hill. I have a feeling either an enthusiast or an Ohio native animated this bit.King of the Hill.jpeg

Had no idea there was a bus from Cedar Point all the way to Texas!