What's new

Coaster Red Force | PORTAVENTURA and FERRARI LAND | 30th Nov - 1st Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Hotelwise some of our group (the two cars) were interested in onsite but are waiting to see if any deals come up. Think the rooms are smaller so would probably be sharing in pairs so wouldn't require mass organisation like an apartment.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ive booked onsite accommodation through PA's Hotel Roulette system for me and Huw. Not sure which hotel we'll be in yet but will be onsite somewhere.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm up for sharing one of the apartments if we're not going for the on site hotel. So far it's me and mouse in the car I'll be renting, so potentially space for more (arriving Friday leaving Monday)
If I recall, you're arriving quite early on Friday aren't you? In which case it might be better if @Slamming Coastercore grabs a lift with you, as he's arriving at around 10am I believe whereas we're not there until 4pm. That's for him and you to agree of course and I'm still happy to give him a lift if need be (either direction) but might make things easier for him.

Things are changing by the minute though as now @chainedbanana is not getting a lift with me on Friday so I still might have space for any solo traveller that needs it. That also changes things with regard to the accommodation, as we almost certainly don't need a room for 5 so I'm thinking about just booking a room for 4 (me, @Howie, maybe @Taikavarpu and a.n.other if need be) in which case we could choose the Pierre & Vacances, although the Ibersol is still a perfectly acceptable option price-wise.

@witchfinder are you guys doing the Friday evening at Ferrari land too?

Also, a tip for people meeting at Barcelona airport is that there are multiple terminals with car rental counters in, so make sure you're all meeting at the same one, as it's caused confusion on in the past.

If I recall, you're arriving quite early on Friday aren't you? In which case it might be better if @Slamming Coastercore grabs a lift with you, as he's arriving at around 10am I believe whereas we're not there until 4pm. That's for him and you to agree of course and I'm still happy to give him a lift if need be (either direction) but might make things easier for him.

Things are changing by the minute though as now @chainedbanana is not getting a lift with me on Friday so I still might have space for any solo traveller that needs it. That also changes things with regard to the accommodation, as we almost certainly don't need a room for 5 so I'm thinking about just booking a room for 4 (me, @Howie, maybe @Taikavarpu and a.n.other if need be) in which case we could choose the Pierre & Vacances, although the Ibersol is still a perfectly acceptable option price-wise.
Currently going with you guys at around 4pm works perfectly as it'll give me a chance to go into Barcelona and do a couple of culture bits. Would like to stick to that plan if that's all cool :)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Currently going with you guys at around 4pm works perfectly as it'll give me a chance to go into Barcelona and do a couple of culture bits. Would like to stick to that plan if that's all cool :)
Yes of course, that's fine. Just wanted to make you aware of the other option in case you didn't fancy hanging around at the airport for hours :)
Are you interested in taking the 4th spot in our apartment? And any feelings about which one if you are?

Yes of course, that's fine. Just wanted to make you aware of the other option in case you didn't fancy hanging around at the airport for hours :)
Are you interested in taking the 4th spot in our apartment? And any feelings about which one if you are?
I would love to take the 4th spot in the apartment thanks! No real preference on where, as long as it's within walking distance of the bars people will be drinking in after the day of coaster riding haha

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
OK, to keep everyone updated, my car load is booked into the Pierre et Vacances in Salou. If anyone else wants to book in there then I recommend booking through the Expedia mobile app as it gave me 10% off the normal prices, meaning it's costing us £30 each for the whole weekend including City taxes :D

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Obviously this isn't going to apply to anyone that's booking an onsite hotel, but I've just bought my 2 day 2 park ticket and it says the 10% discount offer expires on 17/11 so for those of you needing to buy tickets, best to do it before then :)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
MEET UP TIMES:

Saturday 30th November @ FERRARI LAND

Meet up time: 12.30pm (but we will be waiting here until 1pm should anyone be running late. So think of it as a half hour window)

Meet inside the park by the entrance to Red Force.

We will be spending the afternoon at Ferrari Land then heading over to PortAventura for some night rides.

Sunday 1st December @ PORTAVENTURA

Meet up time: 10.15am

Meet inside the park by the entrance to Furius Baco

See you all soon!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Excited for this! How many of us are doing the unofficial Ferrari Friday fun bonus night? Park opens at 1800, so maybe meet at the same place (red force entrance) around 1830?
I assume all my car load will be, though we probably won't be able to get there for 18:30 as we won't get the car till after 5pm and then there will be the hour(ish) drive to Salou and checking into the hotel etc. So I'd imagine it would be after 7pm and maybe even closer to 8 by the time we get there, so probably best to just let you know when we arrive :)

I assume given we're doing Ferrari Land on Friday we might also want to leave it a bit later to meet up on Saturday and have a bit more time in PA earlier in the day? Although we could get a couple of hours in there before the meet-up time anyway I suppose.

I assume all my car load will be, though we probably won't be able to get there for 18:30 as we won't get the car till after 5pm and then there will be the hour(ish) drive to Salou and checking into the hotel etc. So I'd imagine it would be after 7pm and maybe even closer to 8 by the time we get there, so probably best to just let you know when we arrive :)

I assume given we're doing Ferrari Land on Friday we might also want to leave it a bit later to meet up on Saturday and have a bit more time in PA earlier in the day? Although we could get a couple of hours in there before the meet-up time anyway I suppose.
Makes sense, were staying in the same complex so can probably coordinate going to pa in the morning before the rest arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.