What's new

Coaster Red Force | PORTAVENTURA and FERRARI LAND | 30th Nov - 1st Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
It's not really difficult but it's not quick either. There might be some direct buses (somebody mentioned that earlier in this thread) but otherwise you have to get a train into the city and then another one out to PA. It will take a good 2-3 hours!

But there are several people hiring cars that may be able to help you out (myself included) depending on your flight dates/times :)

Thanks - I'm planning flying out Friday (of which i'm open minded as have the day off) and return Sunday (need to work on Monday). if they fit in with anyone?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So what do people have booked then? Live intinerary says Ferrari is sat (I believe) but is everyone doing it Friday now? Has a hotel been decided or are people doing their own things?

Taikavarpu

Roller Poster
On that note, I've booked my hire car now (£33 for the 4 days :)) and at present there's me, you and @Howie in it plus @Serena if her flight times work out OK. Can fit one more at a push if necessary or there's still the option to upgrade to a bigger car if there's enough demand.

I'm a bit late to the party but very interested in coming along. I plan to fly there on Friday, so is there still room in your car? Also, have you already made plans for accommodation?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm a bit late to the party but very interested in coming along. I plan to fly there on Friday, so is there still room in your car? Also, have you already made plans for accommodation?
For the car it's a maybe - I'm waiting on confirmation from one person whether they need a lift on the Friday so I'll let you know.
For accommodation I'm planning on booking something next week after I've been paid so stay tuned as I'll post about that soon :)

Edit: I can confirm I do have a space in the car now so it's yours @Taikavarpu if you want it, as long as you can get to BCN airport by about 5pm on Friday 29th.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I am confirmed! We have two further cars going out Sat morning and returning Sun eve. (Serena, Attackhammer, Mysterious Sue, Fi, Ac and Chainedbanana).

Not sorted hotels yet, hoping to maybe snag a resort hotel deal or something. Yay for winter coaster riding!

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I am confirmed! We have two further cars going out Sat morning and returning Sun eve. (Serena, Attackhammer, Mysterious Sue, Fi, Ac and Chainedbanana).

Not sorted hotels yet, hoping to maybe snag a resort hotel deal or something. Yay for winter coaster riding!

What time are you arriving Sat morn? Me and Huw are arriving into Barcelona around 10am, car space would be greatly appreciated.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
What time are you arriving Sat morn? Me and Huw are arriving into Barcelona around 10am, car space would be greatly appreciated.
An extra two is a bit much I'm afraid. One would have been ok. Sorry for not being more helpful. I think there may be others yet to sign up who may book extra cars so maybe keep an eye out for them?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
An extra two is a bit much I'm afraid. One would have been ok. Sorry for not being more helpful. I think there may be others yet to sign up who may book extra cars so maybe keep an eye out for them?

No problem at all, back to getting the train it is then...

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
No problem at all, back to getting the train it is then...
It's early days yet so I'll let you know if things get reshuffled. Lots of people still changing plans.

Also, when do you go back? Sunday or Monday and what time?

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
It's early days yet so I'll let you know if things get reshuffled. Lots of people still changing plans.

Also, when do you go back? Sunday or Monday and what time?

Leave PA Sunday evening but spending a few days in Barcelona, fly out Wednesday. Happy to take train Sunday evening but could use a lift that Saturday morning.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
An extra two is a bit much I'm afraid. One would have been ok.
Chainedbanana is travelling in my car on Friday so you might have room for 2 on the Saturday after all. I'll let you and @Thekingin64 talk that one out though. :)

To confirm, my hire car passengers are:
@Howie
@Slamming Coastercore
@Taikavarpu

Could still fit one more in each way if required.

Time to decide on accommodation now. I've narrowed it down to these two which are cheap but fairly well reviewed, both within a mile's walk of the park. Prices are correct as of today.

Ibersol SPA Aqquaria
Price (3 nights Fri-Mon): £121 (3-4 people) or £135 (5 people)
Pros: Closer to the park, better room options
Cons: Not as good reviews as the other one, on-site parking more expensive

Pierre & Vacances Residence Salou
Price (3 nights Fri-Mon): £110 (3-4 people)
Pros: Very good reviews, cheaper on-site parking, slightly closer to Salou town centre
Cons: Further away from park, no rooms for more than 4 adults unless you want to share a double bed ;)

I want to book one of these this week so if anyone else is interested then let me know. The obvious option would probably be for everyone that is in my car to stay in one room (which would mean it would have to be the Ibersol) but I don't really have strong feelings about one complex or the other so let me know if you do. Obviously if others want to stay at the same place too we can reorganise into groups to fill the rooms as necessary.

So who wants to stay at one of these places? Shout up now and once I've got at least 2 people confirmed I will book somewhere :)

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Leave PA Sunday evening but spending a few days in Barcelona, fly out Wednesday. Happy to take train Sunday evening but could use a lift that Saturday morning.
@witchfinder was just about to post but even with chainedbanana we're good now!

Good news. We've had a reshuffle and can now take you guys both ways if you want. You might be split between the cars, which I hope is fine but we haven't organised who is going where properly yet, most likely will do that on the day. Most of us are on the 10am arriving Gatwick flight on sat. Drivers and Sue and Fi.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
@witchfinder was just about to post but even with chainedbanana we're good now!

Good news. We've had a reshuffle and can now take you guys both ways if you want. You might be split between the cars, which I hope is fine but we haven't organised who is going where properly yet, most likely will do that on the day. Most of us are on the 10am arriving Gatwick flight on sat. Drivers and Sue and Fi.

Awesome, We'll be flying in from Manchester also arriving around 10am! Being split between cars shouldn't be an issue.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So who wants to stay at one of these places? Shout up now and once I've got at least 2 people confirmed I will book somewhere :)

I reckon the Ibersol, merely because davidm said it was fine and he knows his onions when it comes to digs. And yeah, would make sense for one car load of people to share a room, so I'm down for that.

I'm up for sharing one of the apartments if we're not going for the on site hotel. So far it's me and mouse in the car I'll be renting, so potentially space for more (arriving Friday leaving Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.