What's new

Coaster Facts that the GP have got wrong

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
A good one for me was when my best friend told me in a nerdy way that Rita is faster than Stealth... I told hime he was wrong, and for some reason, he got really mad at me :|
Another one was in Oblivion's queue line, when a dad told both of his kids that the ride did some wild stuff under the hole. He kept on winking at the ops so that they affirmed his 'joke'. When the ride slowed down at the top, both kids started crying.

:BIG:

Thirst

Roller Poster
Went to Thorpe the other day and overheard a girl telling her friends how Rita and Stealth were suppose to be joined together, only for alton to not get planning permission meaning they created the two coasters. Fail.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^You'd be surprised how many people have actually said that before. Pretty sure it was actually discussed on here for a while.

Well, I say "discussed"; it was more like a person or two making the suggestion and everyone else ripping them to pieces for it.

Welcome to Coasterforce!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^Ha! Love it.

As I'm sure with many I've heard loads, but some that have stuck with me...

Some geezer at the Odyssey station at Fantasy Island saying it starts red, then turns yellow, then goes red again. Didn't notice the inverted track then I'm guessing.

Another saying that Flamingo Land has the worlds longest wooden roller coaster.

My Grandparents are the worse. Regarding the incident on BTMR at DLP recently, they said that because nobody goes to Disneyland Paris they can't afford to maintain their rides so the rides are collapsing and injuring people. That's what they get for reading the Daily Mail.

Titan

Mega Poster
The GP gets everything wrong. I dont know how many people think that when theres a power failure a roller coaster is just going to stop dead in its tracks. Although, its not helping that a few years ago Chiller: Robin lost power during the launch, didnt have enough speed, and stopped upside down in the zero-g.

The GP do have little knowledge of many things, its not just coasters they ignore. As a pilot, I hear so many times people thinking that if something on the airplane breaks its literally going to fall out of the sky. Yes, it can happen, but lots of things can be broken before that happens. In fact, airliners do take off with stuff broken, a lot of stuff actually, and its perfectly safe.

Rankle07

Roller Poster
as people have already said , i get the "rita is 100mph blah blah".

But the best one ever was when i was in the que for the mine train at alton towers and some kid was arguing with his friends say that the mine train goes upside down! This kid was proper going for it aswell... he wouldnt let his case rest lol.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I just found some **** dip **** who thinks that FAHRENHEIT IS THE WORLDS FASTEST ROLLERCOASTER. My god the GP is stupid. Stormrunner is faster than that awful ride. People are so so so stupid. She argued with me over it.

tribar

Mega Poster
dropthefloor93 said:
I just found some **** dip **** who thinks that FAHRENHEIT IS THE WORLDS FASTEST ROLLERCOASTER. My god the GP is stupid. Stormrunner is faster than that awful ride. People are so so so stupid. She argued with me over it.

As will Skyrush when it opens

TTDfan52

Mega Poster
Today in the Chicago Trib. they had an article about the new coaster for SFGAm. In the article, they were listing stats of the SFGAm coaster. They added a zero to RB's height, so it was 2000 ft tall.

And no editors caught that RB was thousands of ft higher than any other coaster at SFGAm? *facepalm*

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
tribar said:
TTDfan52 said:
Where I live many people have only been to SFGAm, and they think Raging Bull is the tallest coaster in the world (at 208 ft). They also think that Superman: Ultimate Flight is a one-in-a-kind ride.

What the GP doesn't realize is that Superman almost replaced a one of a kind ride (Whizzer). If it's not the only one left then its close

It is very close but not quite. There is still one operating in Columbia of all places
broca3581yv3.jpg

it is in fact the old one from Worlds of Fun.
1199233175_5f959face1.jpg

Certainly has yours beat for foliage :p

I do remember sitting on a bus to Alton Towers a long while ago and hearing the girl in front of me saying how she couldn't wait to ride Thunder Looper again as it was amazing.... I didn't have the heart to tell her it had been gone for years :(

mouse

Giga Poster
You know when Saw stalled not too long ago? According to my cousin (yet again) people were in the stalled car and they all fell out and died.

kitstar

Roller Poster
I still get a kick out of people still thinking that the big one in blackpool is still the tallest/steepest/fastest coaster in Europe. and that coasters in USA are crap or over hyped

jayjay

Giga Poster
^ Well to be fair, The Big One's station announcement recording also still thinks that. And Amanda Thompson asserts that The Big One is taller than Silver Star. *facepalm*

kitstar

Roller Poster
jayjay said:
^ Well to be fair, The Big One's station announcement recording also still thinks that. And Amanda Thompson asserts that The Big One is taller than Silver Star. *facepalm*

What ever happend to the court case that Amanda threatend or was that more of her BS.

Will Amanda ever give in and admit that its 213ft not 235 or what ever she clames it to be.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Amanda Claims it's 235ft from Sea Level which I'm Guessing means shes counting it as if it's been build on the beach so it's sort of true.

kitstar

Roller Poster
theres a 15 - 20 foot discrepancy though. the top of the lift hill is 213 from the tarmac and the sand is then maybe not far under that. probably 10 feet or so. so even still thats only 223 feet. If amanda mesured as if the tip of the beach then shes got it all wrong.

kitstar

Roller Poster
Even so she is still being tarded. The sooner she leaves or sells the park to merlin the better. Yes nicalodian land is an improvement but she is killing the park. The place don't feel the same as it did 2 years ago and the fact that alot of people feel ripped off by the prices and the fact that yet again most things just got a clean up. Yes PMBO got new skins but thats just putting a sticking plaster on a stab wound. The point is They need to change the signs and admit that PMBO is smaller and just the tallest and fastest? in the uk.