What's new

coaster count?

herbinator

Mega Poster
I am slightly confused by coastercount for 2 reasons

A:is it everytime you go on a coaster eg i've been on Nem Inferno 5X so doesit count as 5 or 1 (at the moment it is 1)

B:do rides and log flumes count.(I don't at the moment)

thanks

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
It counts as long as you have been on that ride, say ive been on nemesis 1 and oblivion 1, you have been on them ten times, both our ride counts would be 2.

And no log flumes and flats dont count :--D

Im not very good at explaining things.

Ollie

CF Legend
You count it for each different coaster you have been on.

If you want use a site such as www.coastercounter.com to keep track of your coaster count. Just simply tick the boxes of the ones you've been on.

And only coasters count. That's why it's called a coaster count.

One coaster is one credit, even if you have been on it fifty times. But, if the coaster is relocated to another park under a different name, it is still not considered a new credit. Water rides and log flumes are also not considered coasters, unless they're water coasters like Journey to Atlantis, etc.

Those are the rules I am following, anyway.

marc

CF Legend
I used to like coaster counter, but since the upgrade I dont. It is now to slow and full of other rides which in my view are not needed as they are not coasters.

Plus the page keeps going wrong.

^ Same, I won't use it again simply because it doesn't even work on my computer anymore :p .

Coasterfanatics.com also has a good coaster counting tool.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Here's my one rule for coaster counting:

Count what and how you want. Don't worry about what others think, as it isn't a competition.

Cuz we'll likely never catch up to Lisa, George and Richard anyways.
;)

Gazza

Giga Poster
loefet said:
Ollie said:
If you want use a site such as www.coastercounter.com to keep track of your coaster count.
Or you can also use: http://www.coaster-count.com/ , which in my opinion is the better of the two, it's a lot easier to use, they even have a mobile version for your phone :) so you can update your count on the fly during a trip...
+1

A very well set out site, it has all of rcdb, plus the travelling coasters (Well, all of the ones here in Australia anyway) and it has simple options to exclude butterflies, powered etc.

True German efficiency on that site.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I only use it purely to mark what I've been on, because I went to Port Aventura in Year 10 and couldn't remember a lot of the littler coasters I had done when I went the next time.

I also feel if my count is bigger than someone elses, so is my cock.

herbinator

Mega Poster
water

LiveForTheLaunch said:
One coaster is one credit, even if you have been on it fifty times. But, if the coaster is relocated to another park under a different name, it is still not considered a new credit. Water rides and log flumes are also not considered coasters, unless they're water coasters like Journey to Atlantis, etc.

Those are the rules I am following, anyway.

Does tidal wave count as a coaster? It is on rails.(most of the time)

Gazza

Giga Poster
Short answer: No

Long answer: No, because it's predominantly a water ride, isn't enough like a stereotypical roller coaster, the park/manufacturer don't call it a coaster, and it doesn't go uphill under it's own energy at any point.

I think that covers all the bases ;)

Kebab

Giga Poster
What about travelling coasters such as Wild Mouse and Euro Star? Do they count. Just to add a little more discussion and I am rather anxieous to know.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Up to you and if you can keep 100% track of them?

I'd count the big ones where there's just one, but if there was a chance I'd double up on a Big Apple or something, I'd not bother.