Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, yeah, I kinda basically take stuff from the clothing style of preps, punks, and surfer/skaters and kinda blend it all together to get a pretty funky look. So I just put down that I have my own style.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
@Hixee @Pokemaniac

Garry's first post was to announce that they like wearing denim shorts and mini skirts...

But since they resurrected what is the oldest thread I've personally come across on here, I'd like to add my own input.

Most of the time I wear whatever Tesco's had that fits me and the dogs haven't destroyed too much... I like Trainers, preferably Nike or Adidas, and own far too many, but only usually wear the same comfy ones. I like to wear Merch T-shirts, be it ride merch, music merch, geeky merch or whatever. I spend the most money on hoodies and coats, with a particular liking for Superdry coats, since they always keep me warm, dry, and have lots of pockets for stashing things in.

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Wow, what a time capsule of noughties fashion!

Based on my 2005 self, I think I'd have selected 'whatever/own style' but really it was emo/scene style.

I think my style now is some development of that. I like to be bold and a little bit out there with things I wear. That's usually a statement coat or something on my head (if I'm not at a theme park - headwear and coasters don't usually mix).

Go to shoes are Dr Martens, Vans, Converse or other variation of leather loafer. Anything chunky and clompy.

Go to brands are ASOS, Monki, New Look, Lazy Oaf, Ragged Priest, Bershka, Primark and some sourced vintage bits. Anything animal print.

I think if you were an uncultured swine you'd probably call me a 'goth' but I think my fashion/style sense is far from goth. Let's just stick with 'alternative'.

Will

Strata Poster
I think my style now is some development of that. I like to be bold and a little bit out there with things I wear. That's usually a statement coat or something on my head
'That is horrendous, I MUST have it' - and will probably still pull it off :p

I'm going to call my answer 'Covid chic' - which means I haven't seen the point in going clothes shopping for a long time and it probably shows :p If I buy anything, it's probably a shirt from whichever band I've decided I like this week :)

Matt N

CF Legend
I guess my honest answer is that I don’t really have a specific “style” as such. I’ve never really given too much thought to clothes.

I’ll admit that checked shirts are a favourite item of mine (short sleeved in the summer, long sleeved in the winter), although I have also got some jumpers that I quite like for the winter and some plain t-shirts for the summer. I don’t tend to go for anything overly brash, though; a lot of my clothes are quite subtle in style. That’s usually paired with jeans of some description, or cargo trousers on occasion (mainly if I’m at a park; cargo trousers are great for the practicality).

In terms of retailers; I’m not a frequent clothes shopper, so I don’t really have any strong preference. FatFace do nice shirts, and Next does me pretty well for everything else, but I don’t really go for anything designer, personally.

Shoes-wise, I tend to go for boots, but I also have a pair of Vans (which tend to be my theme park shoes, as they apparently go better with cargo trousers), as well as a pair of sandals for the summer. I used to gravitate towards thinner boots that had a more Converse-type sole, but recently got a more traditionally boot-like pair that are slightly thicker, which I quite like.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Fairly straightforward jeans & t-shirts. I don't really care about brands. These days I'm in 95% Uniqlo. The only exception is shoes. I'll spend silly money on those.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, yeah, I kinda basically take stuff from the clothing style of preps, punks, and surfer/skaters and kinda blend it all together to get a pretty funky look. So I just put down that I have my own style.
Oh god this did not age well. 😅

As of current style - can't seem to find the "dad vibes who takes the kayak out on the weekend" option?

Indy

Hyper Poster
I can best be described as racing casual. I am almost always wearing a shirt/hoodie related to F1, IndyCar, or a running race mixed with pants or shorts that are typically from Uniqlo or Superdry.

I live my best life on race weekend though 😆

2021-10-23_13-10-52_310.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Plain, functional and comfortable are the three things I look for. I like to be presentable. I will never wear trackie bottoms out of the house, not even to pop to my local Tesco Express to buy their cheapest bottle of wine with the highest ABV and a packet of cheese balls.

Summer- Ballcap with just casual attire like shorts and a tank most of the time. Once or twice a week I get ambitious and wear a summer dress or maybe a crop top if I'm not feeling bloated.

Winter- Frumpy, baggy sweaters with jeans or tights.

Nothing special, I can't really be bothered with style that much. More of a hybrid between comfort and style these days! Even on days where I'm dressing formal or dressing in a summer dress it's never anything too tight that's going to take away from the enjoyment of my day or evening. No specific brand for my clothes! I shop frugally.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
All I really try to do is match colours. If my shirt has quite a bit of red on it then I'm wearing my red trainers. If I have a blue shirt then I make sure my trousers have blue on it, and I wear my black trainers (I only use two pairs of trainers - red and white, and black and red). Black shirt goes with black trousers, white jacket goes with the red and white trainers, you get it.

In certain circumstances I'm able to "combo" colour combinations. Blue jacket/blue trousers, with red shirt/red trainers. Or sometimes I go all white or all black, maybe 50/50. In other cases I can do an entire suit - camo hoodie, camo shirt, camo trousers.... then the trainers.

As with all the other colours, I generally go with jeans but jeans can also be used in a black/blue clothing style. It's complicated.

brokethemorning

Roller Poster
I generally wear primarily t-shirts and running shorts - yes, even as it's getting colder outside. If it's super cold, I'll do jeans/my Adidas leggings and a hoodie.