What's new

Closed season blues

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Asides from 'get a life', does anyone have any favoured attractions that don't have a closed season?

Stuff I'm already aware of are the obvious few such as Dungeons, sealife, london eye, blackpool tower/tussauds, folly farm (woo), warwick castle...

Basically, student loan and lack of exams is giving me the perfect excuse!

Yeah same really, I don`t really go anywhere or do anything in the off season, I have the culmination and Superbowl of the NFL season, that alone normally stops me getting to bored in off season.
Having said that, I am going down to London next week to checkout the National History, Science, War and possibly Transport Museums, not everybody`s idea of fun, but I quite enjoy walking around these places.

Sadly, everything I care about closes in the offseason unless I fly to a place with warmth.

There's always something to do and somewhere to go ؟
IMAG0086.jpg

Alton Towers, perhaps to ride on...

IMAG0088.jpg

Oblivion?

Or go to a galaxy far, far away?
IMAG0091.jpg

Or one not so far away?
IMAG0089.jpg

Visit Hogwarts?
IMAG0092.jpg

Or just go racing?
IMAG0095.jpg

Or alternatively just go to a Legoland Discovery centre and post lots of annoying pictures of the family_furie visit there ;)

That's three Merlin visits in four weeks (Warwick, Birmingham Sea-life and LDC), but there's always a hundred ways to use up a weekend without resorting to a Merlin AP :)

Legoland Discovery Centre has been on my to-do list for a while now, thanks for sharing the pics. Could quite easily combine it with the Blackpool Merlin stuff and make a good day of it.

Went to London earlier this week and into the Dungeon and Tussauds, it was nice little day out with the exception of the devastating blow that was the Tussaud's London Cab ride being closed. Haha

It's a bit off topic but I don't think LDC is worth going out of your way too much for. Any more than an hours drive and I'd probably suggest not going.

I might nip to Adventure Island, there's a cred to be had. How much are the single rides there? I refuse to pay £24 for that place (or the bargain £29 if you include the Dodgems!!).

Went to the Leeds Valentines Fair last night, a bit crap on the line up this year, but its alright. Runs until 26th Feb =]

Since for me winter is mid-September to mid-April, I tend to pass the time Gaming, Bowling, and watching movies. When I'm not working that is

Don't forget that a lot of the European parks are open during the winter. I did a day trip to Plopsaland between Xmas an NY and did a 3 days trip to Disneyland Paris in Jan. There's loads of other parks that I believe stay open during winter (Efteling, Europa... have a look on their websites). Put that student loan to good use :)