What's new

Cliffhanger @ Blackgang Chine For Sale

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It could mean there's not enough cliff left for it hang onto?

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Now I'm more determined than ever to win Deal or no Deal, could have this in the garden!

Seriously though, this decision has surprised me hugely. I really hope Blackgang Chine isn't going to go out of business, considering it's often regarded as the oldest 'amusement park' in the world.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Non-whitegang Chine only run the coaster for several hours a day. I wonder if the running costs are too much for such a small park?

Inner-LondonGroup Chine is wonderful park (read: (bizarre and unique) and removal of the cred will mean coaster enthusiasts will miss out on a gem.

The coaster, however, is pretty meh.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Coaster is nothing special, and won't take anything away from the rest of the randomness at the park.

Nic

Strata Poster
I actually found the coaster pretty fun. There's one particular corner that feels as if its banked the wrong way, so packs an unexpected punch.

I always assumed that the short opening hours were related to staffing costs, as doesn't it share a ride op with DepthChargeForce?

Dave

CF Legend
I enjoyed Blackgang Chine, such a quirky little park. Cliffhanger is quite out of place there so maybe it is time to cash in on it, especially if it's not running very often.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Nic said:
I actually found the coaster pretty fun. There's one particular corner that feels as if its banked the wrong way, so packs an unexpected punch.

I always assumed that the short opening hours were related to staffing costs, as doesn't it share a ride op with DepthChargeForce?

Yeah they only had one ride op going between the two rides when I went there last.

Wouldn't surprise me if the coaster was too much for the park to run.

Jake

Strata Poster
Not that anyone cares, and this is on a different site, but on here it's listed as sold:

http://www.ridetraders.com

Click used rides at the top, then when that loads click roller coasters at the side. Then scroll down to the bottom.

(It's a crap site that spites when you try and use links)

Anyone know where it's going?