What's new

Clappers

Jake

Strata Poster
^ LOL, it isn't actually one of the suprises, it's just a filler scene. I just <3 it because it's so fab.

[qutoe]Stupid Canadians. Been on dozens of flights.. never ONCE heard a clap.[/quote]

Can I be a smartass and let you know that this airport was in the States? :p

Snoo

The Legend
1. 'quote'
2. I was saying you were stupid, along with your country. Never said the plane was filled with Canadians.
3. Pussy.

^ Well, the majority on my plane were American, so I guess they're pussies too :p .

Nah, I won't lie, most were from Ontario, but ****it, planes are scary as **** and I have every right to clap, especially after having about sixty-three heart attacks.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ So you can ride a 400+ foot coaster with hardly any train around you but get scared when securely fastened in a large vehicle?

Canadians... :lol:

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Guess I'm the only person in here not immensely bothered by clapping. People are excited, they're on an adrenaline high, it's just kind of a fun happy thing to do to show you had a good ride. I do it almost reflexively. Train hits the brake run, start clapping. They're just connected. :--D

alexAVFC96

Roller Poster
I know what is the point, its not like the guy who designed it is going to hear you clapping. Its just like my old school people used to clap at the end of a film. Again the people starring in aren't going to hear you.

CMonster

Giga Poster
^ Wait, didn't you know that rollercoaster designers just stare at webcams of their coaster's stations all day just to see/hear the clapping?

And I thought everyone knew movie stars do the same, while counting their money of course.

:wink:

A

Anonymous

What would be the point in clapping on a coaster, that would only be worthwhile if the team who designed it were there.

QWERTYkid911

Roller Poster
I sometimes clap on rides when I really enjoy them. However, for me it's not the same as "applauding." Usually when I'm clapping, I'm laughing with friends, and we're on a high from the roller coaster.

Something I found humorous, though. At Cedar Point people clap after ALMOST every ride. It's hilarious to see people get back from their ride on the Mean Streak. No one is smiling. No one is laughing. I remember when they asked, "How was your ride?" I responded with a scream of pain.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
I only clap for a coaster if it opens again after being broken for hours. Especially if other people are. And if you've been standing there for hours.

*cough*thirteen*cough*