What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mmmmm...

Maybe I'm just too set on the ideas I do :lol:

But in seriousness, I think the the area behind the hotel (Creature Features) should be devoted to a safari area...

Unfortunately as I said because of the Green Belt land surrounding the park's back-end it's hard to predict if anything would be built there...

I can see the Mine Train maybe be moved/removed in the future in order to aid possible expansion, in turn moving the vile part of the service road behind it where all the bins and animal related stuff are... God it's bad back there...

Trying to think what lands they could do in the future, maybe Roman because that's a rarely done one and could work very well, or something else historical... My mind is at a blank...

jokerman

Giga Poster
Another land should be like the Asia area coming up, based in a part of the world, it is a world of adventures after all.

I don't think that the mine train will be leaving or moving too soon. It's got decent theming where it is, but most of all the queue is wrapped around the ride so much that it might be quite difficult move, and its an essential sort of ride to have at a family park, so it can't be leaving.

How much space does Creature features take up? I've never bothered to actually go and look at it!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I did suggest a Roman theme...

Creature Features is tiny, and it literally shows off the entire area available to the park on that side, as you can see the wide open field to the green boundary fence...

For Mine Train, I said in the future, not soon, and only a possiblity to help open the park up to future areas... I don't see it leaving in the next 5 years, but maybe will one day reach the end where it blocks off future stuff and can be replaced by something better...

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't see why they would have to get rid of the mine train to get to the other field. There's plenty of ways to get there, like round the back of Rameses or through creature features.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's possible, but the current park does have a lot of layout issues currently, and unsuprisingly with guests being guests making it accessible from many areas would help a lot...

Directions to Skyway or Dragon Falls is bad enough, telling guests from Vampire they have to go to Rameses to get to the new area wouldn't help much...

ben harding

Roller Poster
well... i always thought that the area behind dragons fury, a grass area should be reshaped into some kind of water adventure play area, could be called amazing arctic or something, as for beanoland, i heard wild asia is being made, is there any website that shows plans/pictures/ even a diary of the building just like thorpe park manias saw the ride picture diary???

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Once again I bump this topic :lol:

Looking through IAAPA, Mack have revealed a new flat ride, and since some people in Chessie want a Teacup ride, why not go the next step?

http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-en/c249/default.html

Great throughput, could be reasonably cheap, already space available (Rodeo), and of course people lap up the whole Splash Battle thing guest-wise...

Screw the Topple Tower! This wants... :D

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I love it! Be a brilliant addition, nice and cheap like you'ev said, brilliant location where Rodeo was. You get that idea to Chessington right now mate ha!

Also be dead good if Legoland get a Splash Battle (as is rumoured I think?) because then both family Merlin parks would have family water rides, but they'd be different so different reasons to go to the parks.

Sometimes you just hear an idea which is so good and just makes so much sense (like the relocation of Bone Shaker to Chessington). Hopefully this one occurs in some similar way. Except this is just your idea and not a heavy rumour ha!

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't get how this could be themed to fit in there though.

Great looking ride though, it would be a good addition.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Mexicana is effectively a western theme, so floating barrels, and as next door to Runaway Mine Train, it could be something about a flooded mine and all the miners for some reason have water cannons...

There's always a way to theme rides, just a case of how well... But I think this could work...

Shame I don't work there anymore, otherwise I would pass the idea on :lol:

james6

Roller Poster
I must say I disagree, I think this would be a very bad decision. Just look at how unpopular Splash Battle is at Alton, 10 minute queue on a summers day! Water Rides like this, don't work in countries with cool climates like the UK...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^ I don't think it's unpopular at all. You can't judge a ride like that's popularity by how many people ride it. You've got to take into account all the people who are shooting from off the ride, all the people who have stopped in the queue to shoot riders, and all the families who enjoy to watch (then run screaming when they get a drop on them).

I have to admit, I thought the queue would be longer on said hot summer days, but I still think it's a very popular ride and a great addition, and I believe this would be too. Dragon Falls has too small capacity tpo be a family parks only water attraction. I suppose you have Bubbleworks as well (which capacity also isn't admirable) and Rameses Revenge, but the latter doesn't count because it's not a family water attraction.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Erm, Dragon Falls and Bubbleworks are up there with the highest capacities in the park... Falls if I recall correctly is the highest throughput...

And james, when did you go to Alton during the summer? Was it a quiet day? What were the other queues? What about all the European parks with similar climates (Belgium, Holland, Germany) having very popular Splash Battle rides... Battle Galleons always has people around the ride, maybe not on it but in most cases families seem to prefer doing battle off-shore...

Mixing in the tea-cup idea this could provide a more interesting ride and attraction for guests... And since they are the bigger market, stuff for them is better...

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Oh, fancy that! Maybe I've just had bad experiences with people buying Fastrack tickety things, making the stand by queue short yet time consuming.

To be honest, I'm not fussed what it is, SOMETHING needs to fill Rodeo's space. I hate it when things are just 'left' in theme parks, don't we all?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^If there was no fast-track, the waits would be so much shorter... Hence why say at the end of the day an earlier full queue is billed at 60 takes around 45 if the platformers are good...

Regardless, Chessie needs high throughput family rides, the current ones (bar Whizzer and Dodgems, not 100% on their throughputs) as the only other one's are of course Buccaneer and Seastorm, but 4 rides with an average of 500 per hour isn't good enough... MOAR!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
That twist n splash in the video would be perfect for Chessington. They do "need" something like Alton's Splash Battle, it's perfect for the audience. I think an area not unlike Flamingoland's watery area would be great for chessie.

Gladiator

Mega Poster
That Twist n Splash would be excellent
And maybe in the pirate area in that large picnic area/field at the end near the black bucanneer?
That sort of ride would fit perfectly in chessie

Mark

Strata Poster
slappy mcguire said:
Just out of curiosity, did any of the ideas given in this thread actually make it out of the forum, and into the park?

At the time I know that the entire thread was printed out by the team at CWoA...

Naturally, they aren't going to give us any spoilers and tell us what they are doing so it is probably a case of waiting to see if any of it appears...