What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

I don't think the ride comes across well in NL. I reckon that once your on the ride, the proximity to the ground combined with the speed will make this a good coaster.

Some parts of that look like they'll be pretty painful. Especially if they have the standard Intamin launched restraints. It'll be like the first corner of Rita, where it tries to take my ****ing head off. Only this will be much, much longer. Meh.

Haven't tried Rita but Desert Race is supposed to be similar (at least that's what everyone said at last year's Live). Neither are as bad as I-305 was, but if they use the new restraints it won't be a problem.
*now if CP would only replace the OTSRs on Maverick cool)

I'm not quite sure why someone would post a NL recreation when there's already an official POV animation? :?

Wooowww, this looks great...im already a fan of this park and it's coasters but if this is made then it would make the park better. Hopefully i'll be able to go back to busch gardens when this is made. Looks awesome :D

East Coast(er) General said:
Haven't tried Rita but Desert Race is supposed to be similar (at least that's what everyone said at last year's Live). Neither are as bad as I-305 was, but if they use the new restraints it won't be a problem.
*now if CP would only replace the OTSRs on Maverick cool)
Rita is far worse than I305 was prior to the restraint change, but It's hard to tell if that's because I305's directional changes are actually really cool, where as Rita is just a pile of complete ****. You go from turning one direction for ages, to turning the other way for ages, and so the change comes as an almighty shock and you slam sideways. With I305, you're constantly changing direction towards the end, so you're a bit more prepared.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to this. Intamin OTSRs don't bother me and, with the exception of Rita, I love their insane directional changes and manoeuvres that should possibly be illegal.

The 60mph speed limit is awesome. Isn't that a Cheetah's actual top speed? I bet this thing will feel faster than many coasters who achieve 80+ as it will have relentless pace and accelerate at unusual places in the layout. Or, that's what I'm hoping the launching will give the illusion of. Nemesis is the fastest feeling of the Inverts I've ridden, despite the fact it's probably one of the slower ones. It achieves this by accelerating at unusual places in the layout and not dying as the ride goes on. A very, very rare trait, especially amongst steel coasters. Voyage is, perhaps, the most relentless coaster I've been on, which doesn't have a single dead-spot and seems to accelerate like crazy throughout it's layout, getting faster and faster towards the end. Perhaps that illusion is created by the directional changes towards the end? I think so.

The name bothers me. I usually couldn't give two ****s about stuf like that, but it really bothers me.

Maybe I've spent way too much time hammering alliteration into some of my classes this week, but wouldn't Cheetah Chase have had much more of a ring to it?

Chunt? Ugh.