What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 1 | VOTE for your winning layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Right, sorry it's taken me a while. Am I the last?

Anyway, here's my feedback for all the coasters (in the order of Nicky's first post in this thread):

@Matt N - Layout reminded me a lot of the newer-gen B&Ms, with a nice mix of airtime and corners. Only criticism here is a lot of the corners were right turns - it's nice to try and keep that mixed up, in my opinion.

@Nicky Borrill - This was a real beast of a coaster - very impressive. It did feel quite long for one block, but I guess you might be able to argue that a way with a long lift hill. ;)

@FistedColossus - This captured Intamin's style well, and I especailly liked the mid-course non-inverting loop. Some of the transitions were a little aggressive, but I'll let that fly with PlanCo.

@Skyye - I loved the epic first drop one this, and this felt very realistic.

@Thecoasterrus - I thought the turnaround for the out-and-back leg of this coaster was nice, it made a proper feature of it.

@Hixee - N/A

@Leon_K - Might have been the slowest lift hill in the world, but the transitions were all pretty decent and it felt like a slightly drawn out version of an old-school B&M. Would have been good to use some more of the available height in the first half, I think.

@Rollercoaster David - Almost the lovechild of I305 and Velocicoaster, I liked the variety of elements too.

@Niles - This was one of the most intense layouts - really quite something overall!

@HeartlineCoaster - Good work on capturing the Mack feel, I think a nice layout overall.

@Kw6sTheater - I loved this. I thought the mix of elements (big, small, high, low) was great as well as the build quality, pacing and creativity.

@Archie - Worked fairly well, but it was very long!

@VikingParrot - I'm sorry to say that I think this might have been a little too rushed. I actually quite liked the concpet, but the shaping did leave a little bit to be desired.

So, that's all the feedback. How about the final rankings then.
  1. @Kw6sTheater
  2. @Skyye
  3. @FistedColossus
  4. @HeartlineCoaster
  5. @Nicky Borrill

Then additionally:
Most realistic - @Matt N
Most original - @Niles

Good work everyone - that was fantastic!
There is still @Rollercoaster David to vote… As well as any other members, but we can’t seem to persuade anyone who hasn’t taken part in here to vote!!!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
VOTING IS CLOSED...

I will announce the results very soon.

(P.s, sorry it's late, I feel asleep after a very busy Sunday shift)

P.s Thread can be locked...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.