What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
I'd like some more info on the potential invert at Grona before I dive into Liseberg again. I might wait until that's built then do a holy trinity trip.
please tell me that was intentional.
Depending on the time of year (ie, not uni deadline season), and of course on whether any airlines file for administration, I would be so down to revisit Liseberg. I had a blast there last June and that was only visiting by myself. Adding the other Swedish parks to the trip would really sweeten the deal. maybe add a ferry over from a certain Danish Intamin playground as well?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
'ere what with 2018 likely to be a frankly ridiculous year I'm hoping/assuming there'll at least be a live over at Liseberg next year?
Yeah, thinking day trip it cus Liseberg is easy to get to. Not going to Grona, the Invert isn’t until 2019/20.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
PortAventura Live

It is with regret that I’m dropping out of the CF Live at PortAventura. Although I’m happy for any organisation to carry on in this topic, it’s no longer a Live due to the absence of a CF Team member. However, as most of the attendees are already friends outside of, but due to, CF, it being called a Live or not is neither here or there. I’m really sorry if this has inconvenienced anybody.

For those who are not aware, I recently started a new job. My annual leave quota is calculated pro-rata until end of March and I have fewer days than I expected. With time off for IAAPA, Christmas and other things already in place, something had to drop and, coupled with the financial aspect of being out of work for nearly a month, I reluctantly decided it had to be PA.

So yeah, I’m gutted I can’t make it and apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
Oh that’s sad!

There is still team members going, but I can start a topic in Trip Planning and am happy to lead with the people who have already organised flights or still wanna go.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Dropping out of the PA trip as I'm running out of weekends before Christmas and I'm prioritising the Christmas meet over this. Hope everyone going has a great time.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh that’s sad!

There is still team members going, but I can start a topic in Trip Planning and am happy to lead with the people who have already organised flights or still wanna go.
Fab, cheers Ben!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just out of interest is the Europa Nye plan still going ahead? Haven't heard anything about it for months.

Will

Strata Poster
^
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was scrapped fairly early in the year due to concerns about ride availability among other things.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Pretty soon, there's usually a lot of chatter about the following year during GhosterForce, but I think Ian was moving jobs at some point so he may be focusing on that.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, the Polish live has been held off indefinitely, since Energylandia is just bound to announce something new for the coming season(s) at any given time. :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
But... but, isn't Hyperion due to open in 2018? Or have I missed something? o_O
It is, but considering they don't really seem to give a **** about sticking to their schedules word on the street is that they're looking more at a 2019 opening.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
With my personal experience, I would NOT trust Energylandia opening their coaster for the Summer, I went back in July, and the water coaster was far from finished

Sandman

Giga Poster
Well I reckon that holding off is a good idea if Hyperion's opening is likely to be postponed. I won't be optimistic about a 2018 opening, but if it happens then yay!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Poland 2016 was put off until 2017. Poland 2017 was put off due the hyper, so unless Hyperion is confirmed for 2018, then it might as well get pushed back until 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.