What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Snoo

The Legend
Ah but your post proves that you're missing the point of FL. With FL you don't have to worry about calculations or "learning" this or that. If you want to ride something you go ride it. Makes for a much more enjoyable trip. True we don't go every year but we do go fairly often.

How does it prove that I'm missing the point? I've gone to the park for 3 decades. You tend to learn a few tricks over the years. When you go to a place that much, skipping a 20 minute queue isn't worth it for $150 a person as I've been on every coaster at the park over 100 times each. And the fact that I go with a group of friends each time, most of which have gone as much as I have, we aren't going to waste hundreds of dollars when we really went to the park to casually enjoy the day, rides some rides, and be happy together.. regardless of the wait.

So please, give me solid justification for spending $500, on top of regular admission, to a park I've been to hundreds of times to skip a 20 minute wait on a ride I've been on 100+ times?

codeman94

Mega Poster
For you, Snoo, it doesn't make sense for you to get it. You go plenty often to get the experiences you desire.

I got it when I went for 2 reasons.
1. I knew I was only going to get to go once this year.
2. I was going with my family with 3 small children who weren't tall enough to ride anything, so I was going to be riding/standing in line alone.

It was a little expensive, but it really made sense because I got to ride every ride in the park, and was never away from my family for more than 15 minutes when I rode something.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
For you, Snoo, it doesn't make sense for you to get it. You go plenty often to get the experiences you desire.

It was a little expensive, but it really made sense because I got to ride every ride in the park, and was never away from my family for more than 15 minutes when I rode something.

So much this.

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
I agree since I live in Florida and get to go maybe once every two years it makes sense for me to get the fast lane. Last time I went I didn't get a chance to ride ttd or maverick because lines were ridiculous. Unless I can go on a known slow day I will get fl from now on. And just for the record I would go four or five times a year when I lived in Toledo and have ridden most rides more than I can count.

Snoo

The Legend

I got it when I went for 2 reasons.
1. I knew I was only going to get to go once this year.
2. I was going with my family with 3 small children who weren't tall enough to ride anything, so I was going to be riding/standing in line alone.

Point. Proven. :)

But I'm in 100% agreement as well. That was why I mentioned is if you don't go often, as Lofty mentioned earlier as it was his first trip, hell yeah its worth it. I've bought fast lane at a bunch of parks I've only been to once.

Wablamo0821

Roller Poster
Considering nothing has been built yet, no. ;)
They are working on it as we speak... just about to the inversion on ground level by the old queue entrance (which is part of the third lap). There are also a lot of ledgers for the third lap already in place.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
All we know as of now is that after the barrel roll by the old entrance, there are two bunny hops on the innermost of the three laps. After that remains a mystery.

I enjoy the pun in that poster: considered "armed"...because the gun...is on his arm.

I'll see myself out.

But in all seriousness, I'll bet that they do something similar to Maverick where each of these characters is represented by one of the ride's trains.

jodon1981

Roller Poster
This might be a stupid question, but how does RMC install their track pieces when the area is surrounded by supports? Do they cut a hole in the support structure and then rebuild the support structure, thread it through the existing gaps in the supports, or something different?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This might be a stupid question, but how does RMC install their track pieces when the area is surrounded by supports? Do they cut a hole in the support structure and then rebuild the support structure, thread it through the existing gaps in the supports, or something different?
Cranes. Lots of cranes.

Big cranes:
Medium cranes:
6dc1eec6-d56e-44d3-a90b-91b4e04d6adc-jpg.1569

Little cranes:
e96b7e4a-b6fb-4bc7-b782-d25bedea08f5-jpg.1565

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Going back to the RMC T-Rex news article a few weeks ago: http://www.kxly.com/features/made-i...rthwest-rocky-mountain-construction/586841280 "RMC is currently developing a new train design, US coasters will get the new train design."

In which case, stoked to see how those new trains would look for Mean Streak. While the shin guards are a bit annoying on the RMC design, they are still amongst my favorite train design in the industry.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm going to again wager that this "new" train design is simply more improvements to their current (third generation) design. Overall, they will likely look the same save for a few minor (probably unnoticeable) geometry changes.

The only believable scenario is if they've managed to design an iron horse variant for their T-rex concept:

rmc_train_render_2_hdr-toning_0.jpg

But as we can see the chassis have a significantly different architecture with regard to wheel bogeys:

2m34948.jpg