What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Latest photo update. More track supports have gone in, shaping up the layout for the second pass under the lift hill. Now, you'll notice there appears to be two sets of track supports - one passing low to the ground on the outer perimeter, headed into what looks like a wave turn/inversion, and a second large airtime hill. Granted, it could be perspective however, and these support structures could all be a part of the same portion of layout?

At any rate, looks aggressive, and should be great coming off of the s-bend airtime hill!
1.jpg

Sythe

Mega Poster
That is quite definitely two sets of ledgers. There's more to this layout than I originally thought...

Edit: Oops I spoke too soon. Looking again it just seems to be the extra supporting for the supports above.
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
All of this should be headed lowly overtop the station & brake run as well - will definitely give a nice rattle to the building!

codeman94

Mega Poster
Something we haven't seen are any clues for the 3rd lap, and they are starting to pop up. a lot more ride to plot out still!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So what are folks realistic expectations of this roller coaster? I know there are a few who feel that this must be the best steel roller coaster in the world in order to meet muster. Personally, I am happy as long as this is the best of the Dinn Corp. conversions to date

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I'm expecting it to be the best coaster at the park. Definitely a top 3 from RMC, but I'm not expecting it to be as balls out as Lightning Rod.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
So what are folks realistic expectations of this roller coaster? I know there are a few who feel that this must be the best steel roller coaster in the world in order to meet muster. Personally, I am happy as long as this is the best of the Dinn Corp. conversions to date
I'm hoping it's smoother and actually exciting.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
It'll probably be Top 5 in the park, but I don't know if it would end up being my favorite ride in the park. The first section with all the track placed down looks fantastic, but I have a feeling that it might drag out if it does end up doing multiple circuits around the structure. I think we're guaranteed to have a great coaster, but I don't want my expectations to get carried away .

TwoTonTunic

Roller Poster
I have high hopes. The layout looks great so far. It will be the highlight of 2018 for me.

codeman94

Mega Poster
With those tracks so close together coming out of the stall into the MCBR, I wonder if the third lap would carry enough speed to do an inversion up and OVER the two tracks down at that lowest point like Twisted Colossus? Anyone know the height of the original MCBR?

Last edited: