What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I think it's a simple case of people not looking at past posts properly, and being excited to share an image they're seeing for the first time on another source.
That's what I thought at first, but it doesn't explain why @Zek_Teh_Kek doesn't see images unless they're posted as a file. :confused:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
School. That would be the problem. :p
Sorry, I feel like a terrible person now that everyone had to post a file when I could see the map the 2nd time it was posted!

Last edited:

Sythe

Mega Poster
Here's what it looks like now, along with a drawing of what the rest of the track around that turn will do. (Drawing done by jecole85 on reddit)
The only problem with your drawing is that it's not upside down at the top, it's right side up. (It took me like 5 minutes to figure out what was happening but if you look to the way right you can tell)

Edit: I may be wrong actually. I'm not really sure anymore XD but I'm like 90% sure that the inversion is on the way up.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^it is. The inversion is on the way up, like Iron Rattler's roll. At the very top its right side up, But keeps rolling clockwise into that turn under the lift, and into a small wave turn.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Ohhh i can see what he did in the picture now. Never mind lol

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Posting the full photo dump @Stevenr296 mentioned, which had been shared on Screamscape this morning. Friendly reminder to all, share photos as full photo (rather than thumbnail) for easier viewing. :)

The barrel roll looks to be ducking underneath the lift hill. Supports after this element look like a ~90 wave turn, coming around the north side of the first drop.

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
To zero in on the new structure after the lift hill turn, it resembles Lightning Rod's wave turn structure.
3-jpg.1153

Lightning-Rod-twists-include-a-90-degree-outside-banked-turn.jpg

Ravensrulz

Roller Poster
Posting the full photo dump @Stevenr296 mentioned, which had been shared on Screamscape this morning. Friendly reminder to all, share photos as full photo (rather than thumbnail) for easier viewing. :)

The barrel roll looks to be ducking underneath the lift hill. Supports after this element look like a ~90 wave turn, coming around the north side of the first drop.

View attachment 1147 View attachment 1148 View attachment 1149 View attachment 1150 View attachment 1151 View attachment 1152 View attachment 1153 View attachment 1154

Its going to be just over 210ft tall and over 80 mph. Making it the tallest wood structure coaster and fastest over El Toro, except Mean Streak is a hybrid.

Sythe

Mega Poster
^ That's an estimate so it's probably not exactly right. But I would assume that since this is cedar point they're definitely gonna make it record breaking, so it's probably fairly close.

Edward M

Strata Poster
This is such a Cedar Point RMC. Probably will be the tallest, longest, fastest RMC with every single element they've ever had plus maybe a few new ones. It's just looking to be mental honestly. Put a quad down in there, and I'll be there opening day.

Mossed

Roller Poster
That's going to be a dilemma. Wait a few weeks so you're not sitting in a 5 hour line, or ride this incredible looking coaster despite the lines.

Donald

Roller Poster
That's going to be a dilemma. Wait a few weeks so you're not sitting in a 5 hour line, or ride this incredible looking coaster despite the lines.

Very true. The line for Mystic Timbers was 3-4 hours on passholder preview night last week. Mean Streak will be so much worse on opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan Wagner

Roller Poster
Yep I'll be heading up next year and will dish out whatever it costs to get fast lane plus. Tired of making the trip and not being able to get on every ride I really want.