What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Re: Mean Streak to get Meaner in 2017?

I'd **** myself if my home park and another park near me both got RMC coasters. I don't even know how I'd contain my excitement.

As other people have said, I'd speculate 2018 if anything, unless it indeed does shut in July.

Snoo

The Legend

Given how big the ride is, I could see the 2 year Maverick treatment. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

TC was done on a colossal ride too, I think original NTG was almost exactly like Streak as well. Plus RMC is magic, they could easily do this for 2017. No RMC conversion to date, even on some of their most massive overhauls, have taken 2 years I think.

What I heard is that in July, they'll be shuffling ride ops around and after that day Mean Streak supposedly doesn't have a crew. Like I said previously, when ride ops for opening day dropped earlier this year and we found out that StR didn't have a crew, the next thing we knew it was getting chopped up. If what I hear about Mean Streak not having a crew after July is true I don't see how this could be anything but 2017.

Ben

CF Legend

To be fair Texas Giant shut at the end of the 2009 season and NTG opened for 2011, so the similar scale ride took that length of time.

I think if it shuts in July they'd have time, but we'll see.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^Well tbf, it was their first project, which they completely manufactured out of their tiny machine shop. Look at Wildfire- it was stagnant for quite a while(or as far as we saw), and then Bam! It's done. RMC has the capability to do this in a year. I'm just not 100% sure why they did this so soon after a big investment.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

GuyWithAStick said:
^Well tbf, it was their first project, which they completely manufactured out of their tiny machine shop. Look at Wildfire- it was stagnant for quite a while(or as far as we saw), and then Bam! It's done. RMC has the capability to do this in a year. I'm just not 100% sure why they did this so soon after a big investment.
I think you're partly right but don't underestimate how long it'll take to thoroughly inspect a structure this big. I've no doubt once they've got a design and materials on site they can do their magic quite quickly, but that's not the whole story.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

I would love to see this waste of wood close this year, spend 2017 as the construction year, and return in 2018 as Meaner Streak (or whatever). I'll keep checking with someone if they're actually RMCing it.

NoahGarcia

Roller Poster

I'm anticipating that it will be a GCI re-track but a RMC Mean Streak would be a splendid addition to Cedar Point.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster

ECG said:
Fred Grubb confirmed to me last year that they will not being doing any topper track treatments for the foreseeable future, so this will most likely be an Iron Horse conversion. You can continue talking about world record wooden coasters, but I don't think that's going to be the case here.
I can also confirm for any doubters that I witnessed the end of the meeting Rob Decker and another half dozen Cedar Fair executives had with Fred and COO Jake Kilcup at IAAPA in November.

I would've gotten goosebumps witnessing something like that lol

trav1089

Roller Poster

Can we all please just take a moment to spare a thought to Mean Streak Henry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrett

^From what I've heard, he's actually in favor and said it got too rough last year.

trav1089

Roller Poster

He'll have to go back to 0 though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Irvine Engineering just posted this. Related? We shall see.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/IrvineOndreyEngineering/photos/a.475305665826794.115576.474347982589229/1200454699978550/?type=3[/facebookpost]

DelPiero

Strata Poster

200.gif

oriolat2

Giga Poster

IOE confirmed on their Facebook account that they are working for Cedar FAIR, but not Cedar Point specifically...

Unless they have played a trick on us, it will be another CF attraction. Maybe Canada's Wonderland?

Lofty

CF Legend

That photo is a big give-away I think. Very interested to see what happens with this, especially as it's on the trip for next year, YAY.

Jarrett

It says Cedar Fair, not CP. And we should probably remember that Irvine Ondrey is based in Michigan so if they were going to celebrate, there's only two Cedar Fair parks within a fair distance of them and only one is a place for positive things. :p It could be a dark ride, it could be Ziz, it could be the control panel for a wild mouse.

But it's probably RMC Mean Streak. With what we've seen combined with them not having a crew it'll be RMC Mean Streak. And I can dig it. ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Let's not forget KI 2017 as well.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I think their wording indicates it's at CP rather than KI.

"our bid for a large Cedar Fair project was accepted and we are CELEBRATING BIG TIME at the park tonight about it!"

Bolded for emphasis, why reference "the park" if that's not where they will be doing the contract? If it was at KI then why use this language? They would have stated "at Cedar Point" if that was the case.