What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Snoo

The Legend
Seems about right! Not a huge surprise given they were running 30-45 second intervals when we were there a few weeks ago with plenty of buffer between the 2nd and 3rd trains in the brakes should they stack for any reason.

Good to hear! Let's see how long they can maintain it.

Pear

Strata Poster
I was at the park this past weekend and they were on consistent 3 train ops! Line still averaged 1-2 hours so I can't imagine what that would be like with 1 or 2 trains.

Also it wasn't trimming at all during the past 3 nights and it was significantly faster than usual. The ride easily earns my #1 and will probably stay there for a long time.

The ride did break down once though for about 20 minutes, but I was next in line and when it reopened not only was it trimless, but it was very dark outside and they didn't turn the structure lights on so you couldn't see a thing. Easily the best coaster experience of my life.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Does the coaster only have one block section between the station and the mid course? As in, if a train was in the station, and a second train was behind it, would the third have to wait on the midcourse?

Snoo

The Legend
I was at the park this past weekend and they were on consistent 3 train ops! Line still averaged 1-2 hours so I can't imagine what that would be like with 1 or 2 trains.

Also it wasn't trimming at all during the past 3 nights and it was significantly faster than usual. The ride easily earns my #1 and will probably stay there for a long time.

The ride did break down once though for about 20 minutes, but I was next in line and when it reopened not only was it trimless, but it was very dark outside and they didn't turn the structure lights on so you couldn't see a thing. Easily the best coaster experience of my life.

To be honest, it's been 1-2 hours all season. I've never had a flash pass and waited that long with 1 train and 2 trains. Most people avoid the line if it's that long. However, I will say, the Fast Pass has been what has been slowing down ops the most. If they didn't have that, the lines would be moving much faster.

Does the coaster only have one block section between the station and the mid course? As in, if a train was in the station, and a second train was behind it, would the third have to wait on the midcourse?

They could technically have 2 blocks between the station and mid course as there is a section of straight track as you leave the station used for train storage and then the lift hill which is a block itself. So technically, given the length of the brake run, I'm seeing 6 blocks if you include the station, maintenance track, lift hill, MCBR, and 2 trains in the brakes.

Pear

Strata Poster
A train cannot be stopped on the midcourse as of now. The midcourse is completely flat and does not have drive tires meaning if a train was stopped up there it would have to be pushed down. This is why they only dispatch after a train has cleared the overbank over the brake run. All 3 trains can be stacked easily in the station and on the brake run.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
A train cannot be stopped on the midcourse as of now. The midcourse is completely flat and does not have drive tires meaning if a train was stopped up there it would have to be pushed down. This is why they only dispatch after a train has cleared the overbank over the brake run. All 3 trains can be stacked easily in the station and on the brake run.
What? Are you sure about that? It defeats the point of a MCBR if it’s flat, and seems like a rookie design mistake. MCBRs are usually at a +3 degree angle at least, and do not utilise drive tires, as these would be worn away by the trains constantly passing over them at speed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The mid course isn't flat. It physically can't be. It's just that I me, it doesn't look like there is enough room to fit 2 trains behind the station.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Screamscape tends to be 80% accurate, so be on the lookout for anything near/around Mean Streak this summer! Also, markers have been spotted around the ride, one of which says "RMC" on it. Post thoughts, comments, conspiracies here. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope for the best!
104 pages later, and look what we have now.

Pear

Strata Poster
What? Are you sure about that? It defeats the point of a MCBR if it’s flat, and seems like a rookie design mistake. MCBRs are usually at a +3 degree angle at least, and do not utilise drive tires, as these would be worn away by the trains constantly passing over them at speed.

The mid course isn't flat. It physically can't be. It's just that I me, it doesn't look like there is enough room to fit 2 trains behind the station.

I mispoke when I said it was completely flat, it is however not slanted enough for the train to go down by itself.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mispoke when I said it was completely flat, it is however not slanted enough for the train to go down by itself.
Of course it is. That's what all MCBR are like. Just because it doesn't look like it slants from offride doesn't mean it doesn't.

Pear

Strata Poster
Of course it is. That's what all MCBR are like. Just because it doesn't look like it slants from offride doesn't mean it doesn't.
Some ride ops have said that it is not slanted enough for a train to start on its own.

Even if it is slanted enough, the MCBR is not acting as a block right now. There were many times when they finished loading a train before the train hit the MCBR and waited to dispatch until the train had cleared the overbank over the brakes. Then, the lift is slowed until the train hits the FBR and the lift speeds up and that train goes through the course.

There is also enough room to hold 2 trains before the station saw it happen multiple times myself.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Some ride ops have said that it is not slanted enough for a train to start on its own.

Even if it is slanted enough, the MCBR is not acting as a block right now. There were many times when they finished loading a train before the train hit the MCBR and waited to dispatch until the train had cleared the overbank over the brakes. Then, the lift is slowed until the train hits the FBR and the lift speeds up and that train goes through the course.

There is also enough room to hold 2 trains before the station saw it happen multiple times myself.
I don't think what you are saying is true. The mid-course wouldn't have friction brakes at the end if it wasn't a block section, and I'm sure RMC wouldn't build a dysfunctional midcourse. Ride ops are not usually reliable.

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The MCBR might not act like one right now, but it's still a MCBR. It'll need to let a train complete the course if it stops there in the future once the MCBR is an actual block. Of course it won't have the same speed as it would normally, but I'm positive the train could start moving from a standstill on there.

Source: am ride op

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
The MCBR might not act like one right now, but it's still a MCBR. It'll need to let a train complete the course if it stops there in the future once the MCBR is an actual block. Of course it won't have the same speed as it would normally, but I'm positive the train could start moving from a standstill on there.

Source: am ride op

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I'm in this camp.

I do think that it can be a MCBR but I wonder if it can stop the train fully to ACT like a block as of yet. I'm willing to bet it could but we haven't seen any testing or anything in that regard to confirm. I also don't think it would have any inability to get the train moving after a full-stop either.

Pear

Strata Poster
Well looks like they're following in the footsteps of KD and having metal detectors in line.

59414587_2404719393137320_7399671902987354112_o.png

59178097_2404719446470648_967899377261608960_n.png

59391220_2404719423137317_3358487429869731840_o.png