What's new

Carowinds | Dinosaurs Alive! | Animatronic walk-thru

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In an effort to look like the other Cedar Fair parks, Carowinds have just announced that they are getting a Dinosaurs Alive! attraction next year. 2013 is their 40th anniversary year, too.

I've been watching the excitement unfold on Twitter for the last ten minutes but now I have to build a chest of drawers. I'll post more info later when the press release comes through/when the drawers are finished.

Snoo

The Legend
Re: Carowinds are getting - brace yourself - a Dinosaurs Ali

Now I need to go back to Carowinds.. so I can ride Afterburn and leave. Yay!

bmac

Giga Poster

Snoo said:

Snoo we can team up for it, I need that Afterburn cred!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Do everyone a favour and set fire to the god-awful place on your way out. Thanks.

madhjsp

Giga Poster

bmac said:
Snoo said:

Snoo we can team up for it, I need that Afterburn cred!

Let me know when y'all go. Nighthawk spited me the one time I was there and I'd very much like that cred.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Press release...

NEW DRAWERS FIT PERFECTLY
The Bell Tower, Eastleigh, UK.
The Bell Tower Tower is proud to announce a new $200 addition to it's furniture line up.

Debuting earlier than the projected 2013 is a walnut shelled and black glass fronted four drawer chest. Separated into four equal compartments and measuring 84x117x40cms, this amazing flat-packed-for-home-construction item is perfect for storing sparsely worn clothing. Extra storage or display space can ultalized by using the dust-attracting flat surface known as 'D' on the assembly instructions. Ian Bell, Resident of The Bell Tower, said,"If I was a rubbish stand-up comedian, I'd make a joke about getting to the end of the flat pack instructions only to realise I'm missing part G - a 9mm link screw - but everything went to plan and the drawers ended up complete and stand secure in the bedroom." The main purpose of the drawers is to support a 32" flat screen television.
tellypr2012.jpg

I've not heard anything else about Carowind's Dinosaurs Alive! except that it will be the largest animatronic dinosaur park in the Southeast, taking over a five acre area.. It will feature 32 animated dinosaurs. No confirmation that there'll be an up-charge but you can bet your bottom dollar there will be.

Snoo

The Legend

I really wonder why they think these actually ADD to the already bloated financial experience that is an amusement park. It's depressing really.

bmac

Giga Poster

gavin said:
^Do everyone a favour and set fire to the god-awful place on your way out. Thanks.

I plan to but it's really going to cut into my gasoline storage (yes I actually have a gasoline storage at my dad's house).

From what I've experienced and from the numbers I've looked at, Carowinds is a very heavy Season Pass holder park. There's not a lot of one time visitors like with other CF parks. Dinos Alive needs to die, it really does...