What's new

Lofty

CF Legend
Is the trend of inter-park jokes and jabs within Cedar Fair a recent thing? Because I love it. This, Mystic/Twisted Timbers and the whole What's In The Shed/Cedar Creek Mine Train HalloWeekends tie-ins are so fun - they all seem to rely around the same storyline/theme tie-in.

Ben

CF Legend
Are they deliberalty throwing red herrings out there?

Because so much can be interpreted as different ride types - like I know it’s a Mack but so many of the clues say RMC etc

I genuinely think they’re just playing on goons and it’s fab.

Matt N

CF Legend
I originally thought that Copperhead Strike was definitely our name for this ride, but now... I'm not so sure. The teaser campaign doesn't seem to imply a snake-themed ride at all, and I'm sure many of you will remember when Fury 325 was allegedly going to be called Centurion.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
2018 - the year the parks finally fought back against the enthusiast...with a vengeance :p

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Copperhead Strike as a name:

Agkistrodon_contortrix_range.png

Source: Wikipedia

Copperhead rattlesnakes are common in the Carolinas. Wikipedia also states the following:

In most of North America, it favors deciduous forest and mixed woodlands. It is often associated with rock outcroppings and ledges, but is also found in low-lying, swampy regions. During the winter, it hibernates in dens or limestone crevices, often together with timber rattlesnakes and black rat snakes.

Say this farm or town or barn or whatever was built in what was once a wooded area with a creek or river running nearby. Maybe the the farm grows something that requires frequent watering. With some old, rusting farm equipment, this place sounds like the perfect habitat for a copperhead rattlesnake.

coreyray1000

Roller Poster
I found this on the construction Walls for Copperhead Strike/new coaster for 2019 at Carowinds. Notable occurrences:

White Lightning Spark Plugs: White Lightning, the Park's original Launch coaster (shuttle loop)

Miami River Lumber Company: Possibly related to Mystic Timbers at Kings Island?

More to come.
c3aac7b210fa7f244cb1c50160723003.jpg
b7cd0ed8849362501114f666fc8d75d3.jpg
ec01c7dd40e506e69e189b723059801e.jpg
5d75ff811e87c61c49981a94eb80f6b4.jpg
43c23c0e8b8b1653b8836db7b934cc19.jpg
74a22b4b86dfddb1b99d0cc4227dfca4.jpg
54d8c17ad7e63da0d3107610182942a9.jpg

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Merged to the existing thread. -GWAS

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
If it’s anything like that recreation it’s going to be incredible, the pacing towards the second half looks ballistic. Maverick of the Deep South anyone?

Intricks

Strata Poster
It's not going to be anywhere near Maverick lol don't get too hyped.
Low to the ground turns, no real height and with inversions. While it wont be as intense as Maverick, I can still see it being referred to as such by enthusiasts if it is really good. Besides, when was the last time we have seen a good multi-launcher stateside within the Cedar Fair family?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk