What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

rollermonkey said:
Not necessarily. Just because Theme Park Revenue says something, doesn't make it the Word of God.

I don't remember ever typing Word of God in my post - just pointing out something that was mentioned. It's not like they pull this stuff out of their asses... chances are that it's going to happen.

Would you pay over 200 dollars to be on the first Train of Leviathan? Wonderland is having an online Auction to raise money for Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto and is selling off the first 96 seats on Leviathan on opening day. Minimum bid is 75 dollars and winners will also get a park ticket for the day, and a gift from the park. Auction closes on April 18th at midnight.

If anyone is interested....
https://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com ... /index.cfm

Ya in your dreams $200. It's not to be the first rider, it's to help kids in need, and if I had the money, I would, or if I lived closer. It can also be a tax write off soooo....

Venom2053 said:
Would you pay over 200 dollars to be on the first Train of Leviathan? Wonderland is having an online Auction to raise money for Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto and is selling off the first 96 seats on Leviathan on opening day. Minimum bid is 75 dollars and winners will also get a park ticket for the day, and a gift from the park. Auction closes on April 18th at midnight.

If anyone is interested....
https://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com ... /index.cfm

I paid as much to ride Maverick first.. but it was indeed.. the first rides. For this? Meh.

tomahawKSU said:
Ya in your dreams $200. It's not to be the first rider, it's to help kids in need, and if I had the money, I would, or if I lived closer. It can also be a tax write off soooo....

Nope. Can't write that off. (In the US, at least.)

For a charitable contribution to be eligible for use as a deduction, no good or service can be received in exchange for the contribution.

I did auctions for both Timmy Jr and Intrimidator, but I lived between the two and was able to attend. This one is too far away, and I'm about to move even farther.

The reason I said 200 dollars was because it was the highest bid at the time. It seems like a good cause and if I wasn't a broke student I would bid just for the sake of it. Also I guess its the first ride on all the trains, not just the first train. It looks great on Parks to give back to the community and it shines a little more light on the coaster in the media.

Ben said:
You're really stupid.

Thanks!! :--D

CIMG1564.JPG

Beautiful, just beautiful. As well as the snow, that's just picturesque (and yes, that is the hammerhead)

Ho ho!
That looks amazing!

Plus, there also seems to be a really good head chopper effect as the hammerhead crosses over itself in the beginning and end parts of the hammerhead element.
The hammerhead is seriously amazing, and I cant wait to see the train running through it.
Although isn't all thats left to be done (in terms of trackwork), is the airtime hill and second overbank? ..... not the high speed curve ...
Those pictures from CW Mania show that both high speed curves have already been done ...

Wow that hammerhead looks awesome, and it's in such a prominent and open spot of the parking lot, too. Certainly gonna be intimidating for people coming into the park! I'm assuming that's the little island of trees like, right near the entrance? Either way, looks great!

As for the headchopper, were you referring to this, D1993?

086~2.JPG

076~4.JPG

^ I cant see those photos links you posted .... there's no link from the image.

And as much as carpark sort of coasters can be a killjoy, I've always thought that it makes for a spectacular entrance and skyline effect!!!

If the photo's are from CWmania they never work for more than a day before. I usually just link to the gallery now.

I love how they left as many trees as they could, really ties the whole thing together. The track laying is supposed to be done by February and then they have some clearance testing to do before the trains are tested. One train is supposed to be on site, but I couldn't find any pictures of it.

EDIT: Blog was updated today...
http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/ ... hrills.cfm

Found the trains...
409123_10150507390483924_95469803923_8980110_446736861_n.jpg

^ Oh okay, they were from CWMania so that's probably why. Can't say the trains are anything to write home about other than the fact that B&M trains are always awesome :p .

I'm anxious to se that zero car with the monster face on it. I'm wondering if it will actually be sculpted to look like the dragon head or if it will just be a normal zero car with decals on it.

^However, ALL of the artwork (computer design) has featured those eyes, did Behemoths have car theming in the concept work? However, on a sie - note, look at the triangular shaped caps over the side friction wheels...wonder if Leviathan will have them??:--D

Leviathan%20Jan22%202012%20053.JPG

Another BEAUTIFUL photograph....