What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: Leviathan - B&M giga coaster for Canada's Wonderland

I see four. Red, Black, White and Orange. Still funny though.

Thekingin64 said:
Ok, that makes the second hill look tiny but Swarm's lifthill picture still looks taller.
If the Photo was level and not facing downwards then it could look huge but it isn't at the moment.

I'll have some of what you're smoking, please.

^Yeah, seriously. I don't think any picture could make this look smaller than Swarm.

Side note: looks like they already need to do some repainting...or maybe just some cleaning up

Thekingin64 said:
I see four. Red, Black, White and Orange. Still funny though.

CW rents out the parking lot during the office season to car manufactures. Notice the truck with the cars on it.

That's a pretty ugly view to be honest. I mean, I knew it would be looking at that area since the beginning, but still. Ewwwww.

michaellll said:
That's a pretty ugly view to be honest. I mean, I knew it would be looking at that area since the beginning, but still. Ewwwww.

What were you expecting the park is surrounded by suburbs on 3 sides and a highway (or freeway)? Its not exactly a country side view.

Who cares about the view, the drop will still be amazing regardless.
Unless its Cedar Point, you're not really ever thinking about the view.

Hey, I did say that I knew what was there. Just actually seeing it from the top of the crest is depressing really.

And no, I don't consider Cedar Point to be the only one with a view. There's tons of parks out there where you don't have to look at the urban crap that is our cities. BGW, Dollywood, Kings Island, Knoebels....and the list goes on and on. It's fine if it doesn't matter to you, but I hate when ride experiences are affected by ugly environment.

Never really bothers me what the view is like from the top of a coaster. I ride roller coasters from the thrill from the drops, inversions, or airtime, not the view. Its probably one of the last thing on my list of things to look for on a coaster.

Do we know how tall the hills are after the first huge drop?

From the original plans it looks like it loses so much height after the 306ft start...
I guess it must be on a massive scale as the plan makes the ride looks equivalent to one of the smaller mega's yet it still covers 5500 feet.

The first element isn't a airtime hill its a barrel roll thats 164' tall, the first airtime hill is after the high speed curve, and its 183' tall.

michaellll said:
Hey, I did say that I knew what was there. Just actually seeing it from the top of the crest is depressing really.

And no, I don't consider Cedar Point to be the only one with a view. There's tons of parks out there where you don't have to look at the urban crap that is our cities. BGW, Dollywood, Kings Island, Knoebels....and the list goes on and on. It's fine if it doesn't matter to you, but I hate when ride experiences are affected by ugly environment.

I meant that out of all the parks, Cedar Point is the most amazing. Thats just my personal view, because I love water views and I cant really think of any other amusement park thats on an island. Tress and bush isnt enough to distract me while on a ride, so therefore unless Im at Cedar Point, I dont really care about the view.
Of course though, thats just me. Basically, I never really care about the view unless Im at Cedar Point and if I was ever riding Leviathan, I would be far too excited to care about the fact that its surrounded by suburbs and highways.

^^ Anyways, for the ride to have a 183 foot tall airtime hill is pretty good, considering its not even the second element after the drop.
You have the huge overbank first, then the high speed curve second and then the airtime hill third. So at that point 183 feet is impressive enough.

The elements in order after that are the 147 foot hammerhead, another high speed curve, a 124 foot airtime hill and the final overbank that leads into the brake run.

This will be a pretty short coaster. Does anyone know the projected ride time?

^ not short.
3 minutes 28 seconds.
Im assuming it will take some time to climb the lift hill. Intimidator and Diamondback seem to go faster than the older hypers such as Nitro, but even if this ride's chain system is faster, its still climbing to 306 feet.

I dont think its that short. It could have been longer, but then CW would be spending a fortune and I think its at a good length the way it is now.

It just seems like there isn't many elements. It's weird...

I think that seems like a bit of a high estimate. Just looking at the pov released the ride time is about one minute without the lifthill added in. So...I guess it all comes down to the lift time, but I kinda doubt three and a half mins.

That seems more accurate.

D1993: Was the 3 minutes and whatever seconds including the brake run?

The Leviathan website says the ride time is 3 minutes and 28 seconds. However, the POV video, without the lift hill/brake run time is about 1:12, so I imagine the 3:28 figure includes the wait on the rake run and the lift.

^Must be. And as with the elements, all theme parks like to build up their ride by overexplaining things to make them seem extra amazing. And I'm not saying it won't be amazing...

Ugh I hate slow lift hills, why don't they just make the chain go faster?