What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

^ hm i have thought about that actually.
i mean theres plenty of launch coasters in 100 foot and mega coaster region, and even some in the strata, but no gigas! well really theres only 3 giga coasters in the world, so surprise that none of them are launched.
i would love a launched coaser that goes like 320 ish feet high (would require probably a 100mph launch to go that high and therefore an intamin design) and then have lots of big airtime hills and maybe some inversions at the end? well i can dream.

^^It might, and would make more sense. BUT then I wonder why the sign says "giga coaster", I'm pretty sure it would've said "launch coaster" or "rocket coaster" if it's a launcher.. But then we still don't know for sure that this will be a giga, the sign aint from Intamin themselves but from UCC Group and says "Giga Coaster Caps".

Just checked out the UCC group's website and they seem to do artificial rock and other landscaping so this may have those imitation canyons like Maverick.That sign say that the box or whatever contains 'concrete caps' and 'grade beams' whatever the hell they are.
**EDIT**
It seems that they also provide construction services, which implies that they are going to be the builders of the ride.
Also a link to their website
http://www.uccgroup.com/index.php

andrus said:
^^It might, and would make more sense. BUT then I wonder why the sign says "giga coaster", I'm pretty sure it would've said "launch coaster" or "rocket coaster" if it's a launcher.. But then we still don't know for sure that this will be a giga, the sign aint from Intamin themselves but from UCC Group and says "Giga Coaster Caps".

:S

hm I dont know really. I mean no one has ever built a launched giga coaster, but I wouldve assumed that if it was a launched coaster that the signs would indeed say launch or rocket. It could still be in the high 200 feet range and pretty much be a giga with all the punch. I havent seen those photos though of the signs that say 'giga', where can I find them?

^ Haha whoops. thanks lol.
Well I think a Giga is very much possible!

maybe its still very possible for it to be launched as all we have is a small photo showing some small sign. I mean if its is a launched coaster that goes over 300 feet CW is trying to keep it as hush hush as possible for now. Theres not enough to go off right now to know what its going to be. When do you guys think we can expect an announcement?
i mean if its supposed to open in 2012 shouldnt pouring for footers and track arrive very soon. Plus building a massive coaster like that in the harsh canadian winter im guessing will be very difficult and they'll need all the time they can get.

I think Skyrush is slowly not going to be the most exciting thing in 2012.

I just got an email from Canada's Wonderland announcing the announcement date. Its looking pretty epic.

The countdown reads 13 days and 16 hours etc...... If im not mistaken that means with the time difference in Sydney it will be announced from Vaughan the morning of Tuesday the 17th of August.

im really stoked for this! "If I ride only one ride in 2012. This is the one!" - from the Amusement Today publisher guy omgsh this got me so excited! I reckon its gonna be something really amazing!

I really have to focus on not getting too excited though its really the worst being dissapointed.

anyways heres the link.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/2012/

Hopefully it's something good. I honestly don't think they'll build a Giga coaster because there's barely any room in the park and almosst none outside the park for expansion. If anything, I could see a small Intamin like a Mega Lite, but yah since it's a park close to me I'm excited for them to be putting something in. I won't get my hopes up, but it seems like it will be at least a moderate sized coaster, and since it's going to one of my home parks, I can't complain!

Either way I guess we'll find out in ... 12 days now?
TBH, the only reason I think it would be a giga, is because of that photo posted earlier in this thread with the markers and signs reading 'giga'.
While its not much to go on, im still expecting whatever the ride is, to be amazing (small or large)

Actually... I believe Canada's Wonderland is getting a B&M coaster. Look at the track and support at the bottom of the image. Cannot be certain if it is a Wingrider or a Floorless. But it's 100% B&M. Even by looking at the footers of the station. They look like B&M footers to me.

8bteg00bc9m41u8m1bef22.jpg

I have it on good authourity that B&M are building three wingriders for 2012 - Swarm, Dollywood and... this?

Hold the god damn horses. If this a supposed Giga, would that mean Beemer is FINALLY hitting higher? I see a realistic height of about 150-250 if it is a wing rider, any higher I see the newer hyper coaster trains. Regardless, I am now HIGHLY interested in this project :D

Switching between the hideouts'...

Nope, Ime still very sure its an Intamin Non of us know for sure yet though....
One peice of Evidence is on one of the Footer things it was labelled Giga coaster Footer "so on"
Ime not sure if b&m make giga coasters hmmm "sarcastically

Not sure yet though as on something someone else Pictured it sayed Mack

I really wouldn't be the one to have any reliable opinion on this, but it really doesn't look like a wing rider could fit into that maintenance shed. Possibly a four person wide car, but not anything larger.

Time to scour rcdb for maintenance sheds!

I see a realistic height of about 150-250 if it is a wing rider, any higher I see the newer hyper coaster trains.

A wingrider will only have a maximum height of 150 feet. Your average wingrider height is about 100-120 feet. I wouldn't expect any hyper coaster anyway, they have Behemoth, so it would be pointless. I, however, agree with above. It might not be a wingrider, but maybe a floorless, or an invert. Sit downs are really uncommon nowadays and so are stand-ups (I'm talking to about B&M).

RE: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

What about a b&m mega-lite? Or a sit down multi looper that was originally rumored. Everyone just assumed it was intamin but who knows, b&m could have a new ten inversion model....

Sent from your mom's home

^I think that'd be great.

I'd personally love for it to be a floorless model with a shorter train. Say, like 3 or 4 rows. I know plenty of people have been messing around with that idea in the NL forums, and I think it'd be sick.

Of course, there's not much reason for that to be true. I'm just talking out of my ***.

Nope Its an Intamin, I was looking through RCdatabase i looked at pics from the supports of the ones from Skyrocket at Hershey park, The supports from this and The ones from CW seemed to match up a lot which means it must be an intamin here is the pic

http://www.rcdb.com/10089.htm?p=36470

?-Well the bottoms of the Steel supports defo match i think..imo

?-Well the bottoms of the Steel supports defo match i think..imo

Maybe the supports that are in Canada's Wonderland that resemble these are for the ride's station?