Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, I am a hideously deformed leper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I can give blood here in the U.S & do so regularly, but I can't in the UK because I had surgery in 1992. I was in a motorcycle accident & had a steel rod inserted in my right leg extending from my knee to my hip, replacing my shattered femur. How ridiculous is that?! :roll:

marc

CF Legend
So far out of 10 people only 1 can give blood, no wonder why their is a shortage in the uk.

The advert is "do something amazing give blood". Well tbh its amazing if you can give blood!

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
****ing disgusting policy dreamt up by scientists who blatantly want a bit of man-loving but are too **** ugly.

Yes, obviously anyone who comes up with something like that "blatantly want a bit of man-loving."

I'm not saying I agree with it, but geez, take a few pills and chill the hell out.

I don't remember asking for your opinion, sweetheart.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I can give blood, but I don't want to.
I don't agree with it, my blood is my blood. Hell, I wouldn't even receive someone else's blood. Theres technology now where scientists can make synthetic blood. It is available in certain practices so I'd rather have that.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I can give blood, but due to regulations at work, if I do give blood I have to have 2 weeks off! So giving blood is not worth it for me when I will get 2 weeks off!

Peter

Hyper Poster
I can't.

I went to Asia last year, and had to have about 6 injections for it, so I doubt it's on the list of safe countries. :lol:

Rush

Giga Poster
Well I can't because I'm not 17 yet.

Ignoring my age, I probably could if Switzerland is deemed a 'safe' country. I really don't like needles either so I don't think I'd give blood. (How very selfish of me.)

aly

Mega Poster
No, because I am a gay! :lol:

Damn all those people droping anchoe in poo-bay without a swimsuit! Giving all us a bad reputation! :twisted: :lol:

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Im human, so I can...yeah right!

I can't, I've had a tetanus recently, apart from that I'm pretty fine.

I think anyone who can should give blood, you are saving someones life, and one day you may need a transfusion, and I'm sue you would all be for giving blood then. I hate needles, but I don't care, I'll put up with that to save a life. Saving someones life and knowing that you did and seeing that person afterwards is an amazing feeling.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
There are many here who want to give blood, but are not allowed to, because of the ridiculous rules imposed by the BTS.