What's new

Can I have your Autograph?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Right, I need to get off Roller Coaster websites :lol:

Ian said:
^ Rumour has it that Rebel has it framed on her bedside table and Raybould can't climax without looking at it.

You're so not with the times Ian - he just Skypes me now...

T0M

Hyper Poster
I have a signed photo and visor by Michael Schumacher, but I didn't get them personally.

I got Gilby Clarke (ex Guns N' Roses) to sign an album for me after a gig on Tuesday night.

Bill Wyman's autograph might be the most famous I've obtained in person. Honourable mentions to Captain Sensible and Glen Matlock.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I've got Pete Doherty's autograph. He has a really negative public image because of the media but when I met him he was really friendly and chatty and took a photo with me. I asked if he was playing a song I liked that at the gig that night and he said he hadn't been planning to but then he did.

mouse

Giga Poster
Remember the Krankies anyone?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1hkT0sj1h8[/youtube]

Got their autograph, you jealous?
FAN-DABI-DOZI!

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I have got Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden signed by guitarist (at that time) Dennis Stratton. He also gave me one of his picks.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ATTACKHAMMER said:
I have got Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden signed by guitarist (at that time) Dennis Stratton. He also gave me one of his picks.

Is that guitar pick or nose pick (as in "here is how I write a tune, I pick out a big bogey and smear at across a guitar tab")?

I once waited an hour in a bar for Bruce Dickinson to turn up (with the rest of the "Rock Society" at university). The bar closed so we all left. We passed him as he entered the bar but without beer, why would anyone want to meet the guy? So his "meet the fans" session was both fan-less and beer-less.

Obviously, we didn't get his autograph...

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
furie said:
ATTACKHAMMER said:

Is that guitar pick or nose pick (as in "here is how I write a tune, I pick out a big bogey and smear at across a guitar tab")?

I once waited an hour in a bar for Bruce Dickinson to turn up (with the rest of the "Rock Society" at university). The bar closed so we all left. We passed him as he entered the bar but without beer, why would anyone want to meet the guy? So his "meet the fans" session was both fan-less and beer-less.

Obviously, we didn't get his autograph...

A guitar pick :wink:

Karen

Hyper Poster
My Chemical Romance, Ray, Frank and Mikey. All of my Passion, Russ Abbot, all of Kill Hannah, silent one from Penn & Teller.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
I think the only signed memorabilia I own is a Northampton Town FC shirt signed by all the team from a play-off final, according to wikipedia it was a "record 62,998 crowd. Over 40,000 of the crowd were Northampton supporters, which is still a record for the most supporters taken to Wembley by one team." Since the old Wembley has now been knocked down no one can beat the record.

Other than that I once met Sean Bean when Sheff Utd played Rotherham a few years back and Chris Waddle when Sheff Wednesdays went to the Millennium stadium for the play-offs.

Well jealous of Furie's opportunity to meet Bruce Dickinson! I did get to meet most of the lineup of Flogging Molly last year though.

Ben

CF Legend
Brett7710 said:
I think the only signed memorabilia I own is a Northampton Town FC shirt signed by all the team from a play-off final, according to wikipedia it was a "record 62,998 crowd. Over 40,000 of the crowd were Northampton supporters, which is still a record for the most supporters taken to Wembley by one team." Since the old Wembley has now been knocked down no one can beat the record.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, Northampton, and its football team, are awful.

Error

Strata Poster
Got an autographed copy of Demetri Martin's "This is a book" and got to sit down and talk to him. He's the only celebrity I've ever met and is a very cool guy (Ted Nugget does NOT count, as he was my neighbor and annoying as ****).

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Brett7710 said:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but, Northampton, and its football team, are awful.
Don't worry, i'm not a fan of the team as such, in fact I barely bother with football at all, but at the time my brother played for them so I used to go to a few matches. I drove through Northampton the other month actually, we drove past Sixfields and saw the elevator testing tower I always used to think was huge as a kid, only to look it up on wikipedia and find out Top thrill dragster is taller!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Though it isn't signed, I have Gary Robert's training gloves from when he played at Ipswich. Total surprise for me. At the end of the training before the match, he just threw me his gloves. No-one by me either so it was definintly aimed for me.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've got a signed drawing from Arild Midthun that I'm really fond of. I'll see if I can scan it the next time I'm at my parents' place.

Lots of Internets for you if you recognise the guy.